PDA

View Full Version : Yup...

GrandView
01-17-03, 02:11 AM
http://www.planet-f1.com/Features/Editorials/story_10490.shtml

SteveH
01-17-03, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I agree. If it goes as planned, it will be a very odd start to the season. Then the dust will settle and who will be on top?

uh huh, same guy

mapguy
01-17-03, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by SteveH
Then the dust will settle and who will be on top?

uh huh, same guy

The pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard?

RTKar
01-17-03, 08:04 AM
Predictable finishes certainly don't help tv ratings but F1 becomes akin to another mindless network sitcom when a team blatantly stages the finish to a race. Team order orders late in the year are one thing, (Salo as a replacement driver at Ferrari allowing Irvine to win)but what Ferrari has done this past year is a bit over the top and I would think, hasn't helped the product's perception to the worldwide tv audience.

mnkywrch
01-17-03, 08:57 AM
What wreck is that in the photo?

It looks like Silverstone... but it doesn't look like Scheckter's massive shunt...

TrueBrit
01-17-03, 10:35 AM
1976 Brands Hatch British Grand Prix. Paddock Hill bend. Race was re-flagged and re-started. There was tremendous controversy about why James Hunt, whose car had stopped, was allowed to re-enter the race.

TB

Ziggy
01-18-03, 09:32 AM
Without going to the my library and getting the correct volume of autocourse.... If I remember correct Hunts car was pretty bent up on one corner, and he limped back to the pits. They fixed the car and James won the race only to be protested by Ferrari. Niki wound up with the win...... and the Ligier pictures with the huge airbox the other day? This is the same car, only sans airbox. It did not run that super high teakettle airbox for very long, not on fast circuts anyway.

Ziggy

Joe in LA
01-21-03, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Without going to the my library and getting the correct volume of autocourse.... If I remember correct Hunts car was pretty bent up on one corner, and he limped back to the pits. They fixed the car and James won the race only to be protested by Ferrari. Niki wound up with the win...... and the Ligier pictures with the huge airbox the other day? This is the same car, only sans airbox. It did not run that super high teakettle airbox for very long, not on fast circuts anyway.

Ziggy

IIRC, the reason the Ligier lacks the big airbox is because the snorkel's got banned during 1976--thus the 1976 runner up/1977 champion 312T2 didn't run it, while the 1975 champion 312T did.