PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio Race

trubritz
08-08-03, 03:00 PM
Where's Marc Breuers? This is supposed to be one of the races he runs?

Anyone know?

Dr. Corkski
08-08-03, 05:55 PM
Broke the gearbox during the first practice and I think his times in qualifying were consitent with the Reservoir Dogs (Starwood Team Jensen).

rabbit
08-11-03, 01:30 PM
http://www.marcbreuers.com

Yes, Marc suffered a broken gearbox on his out lap in Friday practice and got no track time in the session. Then it rained Saturday during qualifying. So out of four sessions all weekend (two practice, two qualifying) Marc could only gather data from two of them. In spite of that, they made significant gains. He was four seconds back during Friday qualifying, but only two seconds back in the race. (Not bad considering they just put this deal together a week and a half ago.) The gap would have been even less, but the team guessed wrong on the gearing and Marc couldn't get any pull coming out of the turns. You could hear his engine was turning a couple hundred rpm less coming down the straights. He ran clean, consistent laps, finished in the points, and got a lot of valuable experience.

devilmaster
08-11-03, 01:33 PM
Good run for Marc. I got to be a fan of his at Toronto in BDPS. He and his spotter were having a good time on the radio talking through the race.

Some of the funniest banter i've ever heard on the radio. Most of it unprintable for public perusal ;) :D

Steve