PDA

View Full Version : Will more Canadians attend the USGP

Chitowncartfreak
08-08-03, 12:41 PM
If the Canadian GP is indeed cancelled next year (I'm still hoping they add it back to the schedule), do you think SUBSTANTIALLY more Canadians will attend the USGP? This question was asked on Dave Despain's show last evening.

Napoleon
08-08-03, 04:35 PM
I don't see how the answer could be other then yes. I mean if 1000 Canadians go now I would guess they may get at least 1001 next year. Now if the question was will substantially more Canadians attend, or will XX% more Canadians attend my answer may be different.

JSR
08-08-03, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I don't see how the answer could be other then yes.

I agree

JoeBob
08-08-03, 04:55 PM
I'd wonder if the natives wouldn't switch to attending the CART race in Montreal over travelling all the way to Indy.

mapguy
08-08-03, 04:56 PM
I don't see how the answer could be other then yes. I mean if 1000 Canadians go now I would guess they may get at least 1001 next year. Now if the question was will substantially more Canadians attend, or will XX% more Canadians attend my answer may be different.

Bernie is denying these rumors. Take that for what it is worth. I can't see a bunch of Montrealers jetting to Indy just to see a race that was once in their backyard. If Indy gets a 1000 bump in sales just because of this I'll be surprised. Who wants to see F1 cars on a glorified go-kart track anyway? I've been going to Montreal for the GP for a while now. I sure as hell ain't going to Indy to watch them. I'd rather fork over more money and fly overseas and see them on a real race track and not contribute any greenbacks so the IdiotGrandson can roll them up and inhale.

RichK
08-08-03, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
....so the IdiotGrandson can roll them up and inhale.

I believe that would be "snort".

We were planning on flying to Montreal next year for the F1 race. And that's with relatives in Indy. Maybe Monaco is in our future instead.

Ankf00
08-08-03, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RichK
I believe that would be "snort".

We were planning on flying to Montreal next year for the F1 race. And that's with relatives in Indy. Maybe Monaco is in our future instead.
yea same here, the family matriarch lives in Indy, yet I have not gone to any event there nor plan to :) Montreal however I like visiting :)

I think the F1 obsessed will go to Indy, and the curious and not so hardcore, but I think alot of ppl will just put 2/3's of the $ they spent before on the Molson Indy.

And once TG kills us off, maybe 100-200 will show up for the Montreal IRL 100

Chitowncartfreak
08-08-03, 06:19 PM

OK, since this is such a tough crowd, I edited my post. Will SUBSTANTIALLY more Canadians attend?:)

JT265
08-09-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Chitowncartfreak
OK, since this is such a tough crowd, I edited my post. Will SUBSTANTIALLY more Canadians attend?:)

Doubt it.