PDA

View Full Version : Champion: Bruno or PT?

chop456
08-08-03, 04:04 AM
And why do you think so?

mexican
08-08-03, 05:30 AM
I hate to say it, but Bruno, Tracy has a history of scruin de pooch as the year tapers off, and, following this last race... the momentum...

go Michel!!! :)

pfc_m_drake
08-08-03, 07:51 AM
Bruno's having a de Ferran like championship year...collecting points early and often, then picking up a win or two later on in the year when they really count. He was my pick at the start...gotta stick with him :thumbup:

tllips
08-08-03, 09:57 AM
I am rooting for Paul. But I think BRuno is going to get it as Paul will probably DNF a few more times going for wins instead of just taking the points that fall in to his lap.

(Paul's method of racing is a lot more fun to watch though:D )

molive
08-08-03, 01:08 PM
Very close. Tracy looks like a different driver this season (well, not THAT different) and if he can focus and avoid characteristic bone-headness, he will be tough to beat.

On the other hand, Bruno seems to have found his foot after a rocky start courtesy of fast teamate Bourdais.

Its really a toos between these two. I'll be VERY surprised if someone else takes the honours.

GO BJ! :thumbup:

RichK
08-08-03, 01:26 PM
I vote Tracy. The remaining races on the schedule are street races and two slick-track races (Montreal and Mexico City). Paul is a proven winner on these types of tracks this year.

Gonna be close, though!

Ankf00
08-08-03, 02:12 PM
voted other then realize the 50 point spread right now, so my 1 other vote will be on PT, cuz PT may race dumb, but Bruno will start getting psyched out by McKermit soon enough.

Methanolandbrats
08-08-03, 07:55 PM
What an excellent poll! Bruno, because the cocky little guy with the big head will outthink the stocky Canuck with the hot head.

jons
08-08-03, 08:27 PM
Three weeks ago I would have voted PT for sure. Today my vote went to Bruno because he won last week and I think that that will lift a weight off his back and he will be more relaxed and focused on just the racing. I also think that Paul's little temper tantrum at Toronto was a sign that his armor has a crack in it and he is vulnerable mentally even though he won that race.

Climber
08-08-03, 10:29 PM
P.T. He may have let his emotions get in the way recently, but when the pressure's on, the guy delivers. The Canadian run shows what he can do when he wants/needs to.

BMEP
08-08-03, 11:15 PM
Voted for Bruno, but I think PT is a much better driver IF he can keep his act together.

I was a big Tracy fan until he started talking all this fake-smack-hype-crap. (I have other not so nice words for it) When he does that I look at him and say, "Hey man, you already have an attitude, a ton of talent and a bunch of wins... just DRIVE, ok?"

Besides, Kermie is pushing Bruno and making him stretch - that's how people get Good.