PDA

View Full Version : It's August 7th

JLMannin
08-07-03, 02:23 PM
And according to Cipilloni, today is the day for the big announcement.

I have not heard anything let, but it looks like MPH is doing rather high volume (http://quotes.barchart.com/quote.asp?sym=mph&code=BSTK) today. Someone must have believed what he said.

Turn7
08-07-03, 02:56 PM
I think most people are immune to the "big news" dates by now. If there is an announcement today, it will most likely be after the bell. It seems that most announcements regarding publicly held companies are always made before or after the close of the market.

JoeBob
08-07-03, 03:12 PM
By law, the announcements have to be made after the markets close. If the news is not particularly good, look for it to come after the markets close on Friday. That way, the markets have the weekend to take a chill pill.

paper
08-07-03, 04:21 PM
mark said it could be the 7th, but at this point 7th may be the wrong number for optimistic cart news, so Ill tale a number OFF the 7th, paper

Ankf00
08-07-03, 05:17 PM
and it could be the 8th or the 9th or the 31st or next december or 5 years from now.
but hey, hang on to your socks anyways...http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/pictures/smiley.gif
just thought that pic was hilarious and is SORT of relevant to today :)

Dr. Corkski
08-07-03, 06:34 PM
The new date is going to September 31st. ;)

Ankf00
08-07-03, 06:35 PM
na, it was august 7th, the announcement was just for the wrong series.

:rofl:

pfc_m_drake
08-07-03, 07:45 PM
Well...it is August 7th...but one date that has sort of slipped under the radar screen is July 31st. Wasn't it stated that Ford-Cosworth wanted to hear from CART about next year's engines by the end of July? Anybody know what they were told :confused:

paper
08-07-03, 09:32 PM
nobody knows what nobody was told ,but the smiling faces in toronto tell something that nobody knows. Im very curious ,,,,,,,paper

Ankf00
08-07-03, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by paper
nobody knows what nobody was told ,but the smiling faces in toronto tell something that nobody knows. Im very curious ,,,,,,,paper

yes paper, a successful soldout party full of happy party goers means that despite the fact CART has virtually no $ left and regardless of the fact that no vital announcements (ENGINES) are coming forth that CART will be AOK, cuz it's CART...:rolleyes:

Climber
08-07-03, 09:46 PM
I hope those smiling faces know something the rest of us don't, paper. Mark C.'s August 7 date never rang true with me, especially as the date approached and we were surrounded by a storm of silence. But, there are reasons to keep a stiff upper lip and eternal optimism. Right?

pfc_m_drake
08-07-03, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by paper
I've been hoping all year that you're right...and I'm still hoping. We need some good news...and the sooner the better...for both fans and sponsors/potential sponsors.

Methanolandbrats
08-07-03, 09:47 PM
Mark would have a very difficult time distinguishing the difference between his ass and a knothole. If the "7th" stuff started because of his "insight", then rest assured it ain't the 7th.

Dr. Corkski
08-07-03, 09:53 PM
About the only thing smiling faces would know in Toronto is that Canadian beer is far better than American beer.

WickerBill
08-07-03, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Methanolandbrats
Mark would have a very difficult time distinguishing the difference between his ass and a knothole. If the "7th" stuff started because of his "insight", then rest assured it ain't the 7th.

You know, if MarkC were to make up a date, I'd think it wouldn't have "7th" in it. :)

racer2c
08-07-03, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
About the only thing smiling faces would know in Toronto is that Canadian beer is far better than American beer.

Brilliant! Bottoms up!

Ankf00
08-07-03, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Brilliant! Bottoms up!

man, comparing canadian microbrews to budweiser is like comparing f-2002's to PC27's, apples to oranges and utterly unfair :P

Ziggy
08-07-03, 11:14 PM
WB, that was funny!

Ziggy

Fenster
08-07-03, 11:42 PM
Patience my friends, patience. CART is not going to rush into anything (including announcements) just because the fans are getting anxious. They will do it when it is proper to do so. Insiders are saying that Pook has been way to happy lately (since pre-Portland) for there to be anything but positive news on the way. So have some faith and a little bit of patience. I am betting that it will all pay off soon enough.

--Fenster.

Kiwifan
08-08-03, 12:56 AM
Where's Jag when you need him? ;)

Rusty.

Lizzerd
08-08-03, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Ziggy
WB, that was funny!

Ziggy

:rofl: And only the forum historians amongst us would understand why...

Kiwifan
08-08-03, 05:07 AM
;)

Rusty.

trubritz
08-08-03, 09:55 AM
Well its August 8th now - did we miss something?

Turn7
08-08-03, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by trubritz
Well its August 8th now - did we miss something?

The only thing I missed was another opportunity to be impressed by a pay sites inside information.

I sure am glad I don't pay for those fig newton's of his imagination.

RaceGrrl
08-08-03, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
I sure am glad I don't pay for those fig newton's of his imagination.

:rofl: I've never heard that expression before, but it's one that I'll try to remember for later use. Classic.

lone_groover
08-08-03, 08:29 PM
Sounds like something from Michel Legrand.

;)

Jag_Warrior
08-09-03, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Where's Jag when you need him? ;)

Rusty.

Seeing if a series of 16 hour days will give me the heart-attack that I've always wished for. :)

Sorry, I heard where the August 7th rumor originated and dismissed it as just more paddock whisper. It's already been said, by more legitimate sources than the one mentioned, that anyone who really knows isn't talking to anyone who isn't part of THE clique... and he ain't part of that clique. :gomer:

But he did get a letter from Grosfeld's lil buddy, Jon-boy Vannini. Looks like Mr. "Turbos are bitchin'... no, IRL engines are bitchin'" Vannini is seeking out anyone who will give him a voice. If I'd just lost $15 mil, I guess I'd be writing letters too... suicide notes.

I dearly hope that there is some good news for CART soon... REAL soon! If the teams don't get the word in a bit, it'll be tough to secure funding for next year - and nearly impossible to make any new deals.

BTW, CART owns the Cossie turbo engines, right? But if they p!ss off Ford, the Blue Oval part might get removed... is that correct?

Ohhhhh, it's the big one! Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join you, honey! Where's that fish-eyed fool, Tony George?!

JT265
08-09-03, 03:15 AM

mapguy
08-09-03, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by JT265

Kiwifan
08-09-03, 02:30 PM
I knew you'd come through Jag. :) Thanks mate.

Rusty.