PDA

View Full Version : Our Camp David flagpole

Lizzerd
08-07-03, 02:03 PM
Some of you have seen the huge flagpole my buddies and I set up in the Coke lot for the races at IMS. Well, this year the night before the BY 400, some Rat Bastard stole the nation flags in the middle of night. The got away with a US, Canada, Ireland, and UK flag. A POW-MIA flag was gone, too. They will be replaced in time for the USGP.

My buddy told me that on Saturday afternoon a group of the friendliest fans in motorsports came through the campsite and were blowing smoke about the international flags. Stuff about that they shouldn't be flying.

I suppose they would have been more comfortable with the Confederate flag.

Warlock, could you post a link to a pic?

Climber
08-07-03, 09:55 PM
I am one of the many who has seen that flag pole and admired its collection. This is a sad commentary on the small contingent of NAPCAR fans who have not yet come to grip with the fact that the South lost and that there are people who are race fans and not 'mericans.

Maybe we should take up a collection to help with the replacements.

devilmaster
08-07-03, 10:06 PM
If I can work it, (i'm not sure) elected members of parliament have Canadian flags they give away. I'll try and get one.

Steve

fourrunner
08-07-03, 11:36 PM
Devilmaster

Tell them the story, they'll probably give you two! :)

Lizzerd
08-08-03, 12:57 AM
I found out tonight that the flags have already been replaced. My buddie's lady friend found some on an internet site somewhere.

We decided that the flagpole will never be erected at another BY400, too. Look for us at USGP and the irl 500 only from now on.

Yes, I do go to Indy. Sorry. I do it because it's just across town, and it is a race.

mexican
08-08-03, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Yes, I do go to Indy. Sorry. I do it because it's just across town, and it is a race.

yes, but you can always move :D

RobGuru
08-08-03, 12:22 PM
Lizzerd...

Having seen the flagpole, let me send my condolences to you and the Mayor regarding the loss. :mad:

Buy my question is... wasn't there anybody awake at night... at the 497.5, seems to me that you guys stay up all night around the fire, eh? :p

sundaydriver
08-08-03, 03:28 PM
Lizzard, when you feel mad or sad about the flags, just watch Gone With The Wind and you will feel a lot better. ;)

Climber
08-08-03, 10:41 PM
Glad to hear the pole will be back for the USGP. I didn't know until now that it belonged to a poster, something that makes the happy ending all the better.

Jag_Warrior
08-10-03, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Some of you have seen the huge flagpole my buddies and I set up in the Coke lot for the races at IMS. Well, this year the night before the BY 400, some Rat Bastard stole the nation flags in the middle of night. The got away with a US, Canada, Ireland, and UK flag. A POW-MIA flag was gone, too. They will be replaced in time for the USGP.

My buddy told me that on Saturday afternoon a group of the friendliest fans in motorsports came through the campsite and were blowing smoke about the international flags. Stuff about that they shouldn't be flying.

I suppose they would have been more comfortable with the Confederate flag.

Warlock, could you post a link to a pic?

They stole a POW-MIA flag? :shakehead Even your average Son of the Confederacy wouldn't do that. This was obviously some lower form of trailer-trash. Somebody that'll tell you that his great, great grandpappy was General Lee, but he has no teeth and his wife had the same last name as him... BEFORE they got married.

If you guys could post a picture of what you've done, it would be great to see. :thumbup: