PDA

View Full Version : Houston Superspeedway

Turn7
08-07-03, 10:38 AM
I find it funny that most race traks use images of ChampCars in the promotion even if they are targeting crapwagons.

http://www.houstonsuperspeedway.com

If you let the header graphic completly load you will see that they have Champ Cars, Bikes and of coarse, "stock" cars to tease you.

This group has only gone on record as trying to attract the IRL and not CART. I am most certian that they would love for CART to come but, they haven't mentioned them in the press releases that I am aware of.

Is it because CART lets the images go for no fee and the IRL wants some payment for the usage of images?

I drove past this site last week and the only thing that seems to have been accomplished in the last 8 months since the annoucement is the errection of a plywood sign indicating that it is the future site of the speedway. No utility work, they didn't even rent a dozer for a day to just go push around dirt or anything.

I'll beleive it when I see the first transporter pulling into the gate, until then, it is just another pipe dream.

Wheel-Nut
08-07-03, 11:54 AM
I was going to ask you if you had seen any construction activity around the site. I was down 288 a couple of weeks ago and I did not notice anything of relevance. I'm with you, believe it when I see it!!

I'll say it again, there is a perfectly good "project" track up Hwy. 6 just waiting for some investors!

Turn7
08-07-03, 12:07 PM
I am going by it tomorrow on my way to the mouth of the Brazos to fish. I will check it out again but, I bet nothing has changed in the last few weeks.

Turn7
08-11-03, 02:30 PM
Hey Wheel-Nut,

I told you I would update you on changes to the land for the Houston Speedway.

One change noted:

The weeds were taller!

Wheel-Nut
08-12-03, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Hey Wheel-Nut,

. . . .
One change noted:

The weeds were taller!

:laugh: That's what I thought!! How was the fishing?

Turn7
08-12-03, 02:26 PM
Let's just say that more was accomplished at speedway site than was accomplished by my fishing abilities.

Wheel-Nut
08-12-03, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Let's just say that more was accomplished at speedway site than was accomplished by my fishing abilities.

Sorry to hear. But the beer was cold right?

Turn7
08-12-03, 03:42 PM
Yes the beer was cold.

2 undersized specs, some gaftop, whiting, small shark, and several ladyfish. It really wasn't a bad trip, just nothing to bring home and eat. Caught plenty of fish just not the right ones.