PDA

View Full Version : Bean?

Turn7
08-07-03, 10:17 AM
The most interesting thing this whole Kobe Bryant media circus that is playing out in Colorado is the fact that his middle name is "Bean".

What kind of name is BEAN? I suppose if you are named after a classification of beef for your first name, being named after a vegetable for your middle name isn't that unusual.

Kobe Bean Bryant. :D ; and my wife thinks having the middle name of Bernice was bad. Ooopss, your not supposed to know about the Bernice thing.

trubritz
08-07-03, 10:46 AM
So if he's found guilty, does he become a has been?

SteveH
08-07-03, 10:56 AM
Yesterday I caught the last part of a radio segment that was discussing his middle name. Kobe's father played in the NBA for awhile and his nickname was Jelly Bean Bryant. But that doesn't explain why he'd want his son to have Bean as a middle name.

Turn7
08-07-03, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by trubritz
So if he's found guilty, does he become a has been?

:D If guilty, he should have bean convicted but will have bean acquited like O.J.

JT265
08-07-03, 11:03 AM
Kobe bean messin' where he ought not to. ;)

RichK
08-07-03, 11:20 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/il/tejbuch/bean2.jpg

Treeface
08-07-03, 11:40 AM
Guilty of being a dumbass. The guy is a multi-millionaire with a marketing image to protect. Call a pro. I bet he thought paying for it was beneath him. Well he's paying for it now. :shakehead

JT265
08-07-03, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Treeface
Guilty of being a dumbass. The guy is a multi-millionaire with a marketing image to protect. Call a pro. I bet he thought paying for it was beneath him. Well he's paying for it now. :shakehead

Yep. Paying for it is for weenies. In fact, I'd like to continue on this topic, but I have to get to the dealership to pickup the wife's new convertible. :D

The above was written in jest. As in, "jest" in case I get my ass spanked for writing it, you understand. ;)

RacinM3
08-07-03, 03:42 PM
Well, the name seems appropriate, since he obviously is a bean-brain.

Jag_Warrior
08-09-03, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Treeface

Amen to that! Afterall, it's not like "Mrs. Bean" is dog food. And even if she was, if you want to keep playing, WHY get married???

Who knows about the other, but I think the dumb@ss conviction stands.

RobGuru
08-11-03, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RichK
http://www.angelfire.com/il/tejbuch/bean2.jpg

Where's the turkey on his head?

Joe in LA
08-11-03, 02:40 PM
His first name is Kobe, and you guys think Bean is strange? Isn't Kobe a type of Japanese cow/beef?