PDA

View Full Version : It's official. Earl at The Mile

Lizzerd
08-06-03, 09:19 PM
The Link (http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/news/story.php?story_id=1784)

?We couldn?t be happier or more excited to add the IRL IndyCar series to the 2004 schedule,? said Wisconsin State Fair Park Board Chairman Martin J. Greenberg. ?The IRL has really come of age in popularity both on and off the racetrack. Tony George and his entire staff have revitalized open-wheel racing in this country and beyond.

I'm at a loss for words. It almost looks like TG had his arm up this guy's butt and was moving his mouth for him.

Your gate receipts will tell the true story, Mr. Greenberg.

TRDfan
08-06-03, 09:25 PM
In some of the stories they do mention/confirm that Champ Cars will be there June 5th.

Looks like two trips to the Mile next year
- Champ Cars and NASCAR Trucks

racer2c
08-06-03, 10:13 PM
That PR crap makes me want to puke.

Climber
08-06-03, 11:05 PM
So, it's up to us to pack the stands on June 5. All the more incentive to go to Mlwaukee next year. See you at the Mile, C^RT fans!

Railbird
08-06-03, 11:12 PM
I have to agree with 2c on the PR puke.

With the various shinanagins I've seen in the last eight years I would think someone might step up and actually admit that they were struggling to find legitimacy.

the IRL back to Milwaukee

ah yes, it just stirs the memory of all those great Stan Wattles/Jim Guthrie battles...

Folks, I've been going to Milwaukee for a lot of years and I've reviewed the records of every Champcar race ever held at SFP. Outside of Foyt's legendary dirt car effort in 65, the vast majority of the "great racing" reputation enjoyed by the mile was earned on CART's watch.

The big dogs running in the IRL now will put on a good/decent show and the IPS boys will go around making noise, but the big seller on this weekend will be the USAC triple header.

RTKar
08-06-03, 11:29 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IRL has really come of age in popularity both on and off the racetrack. Tony George and his entire staff have revitalized open-wheel racing in this country and beyond.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It sure has............................................... ..........

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead I have 37 cents burning a hole in my pocket just waiting to send back the inevitable ticket order form I'll receive (since I'm on their mailing list) with a couple of "BRIDGESTONE PRESENTS > CHAMPCAR WORLD SERIES POWERED BY FORD" stickers slapped on it ....maybe I should order some Crappy stickers too...hopefully everyone who gets an order form will do the same...

JSR
08-07-03, 12:10 AM
I will be going to the race. Sorry if that offends.

devilmaster
08-07-03, 12:22 AM
And I'll keep having my own opinion, regardless of the group hug. Not sorry if that offends.

Steve

RaceGrrl
08-07-03, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by JSR
I will be going to the race. Sorry if that offends.

Since you're a fan of both series, will you be going to both races? (No sarcasm here... it's a legitimate question)

JSR
08-07-03, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Since you're a fan of both series, will you be going to both races? (No sarcasm here... it's a legitimate question)

I am thinking about it. This years race was pretty good. Will have to wait and see how much the tickets cost.

JSR
08-07-03, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
And I'll keep having my own opinion, regardless of the group hug. Not sorry if that offends.

Steve

No need for a group hug. Your opinions of the IRL racing at THE MILE does not offend me. I am aware of the fact that you do not like the IRL and that is A-OK by me.

RaceGrrl
08-07-03, 12:29 AM
It will be interesting to see how ticket prices for the two races compare. Actually, it will be a head to head comparison of racing, attendance and rating numbers. This could be fun. We may have to try to get to MKE next year.

Racewriter
08-07-03, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
The big dogs running in the IRL now will put on a good/decent show and the IPS boys will go around making noise, but the big seller on this weekend will be the USAC triple header.

Yep. I may go - for Saturday.

cart7
08-07-03, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
It will be interesting to see how ticket prices for the two races compare. Actually, it will be a head to head comparison of racing, attendance and rating numbers. This could be fun. We may have to try to get to MKE next year.
The irl tickets will be cheaper with more giveaways. Even with that, Cart will still outsell them.

oddlycalm
08-07-03, 05:47 PM
I hope it rains all weekend. FTG

Railbird
08-07-03, 09:38 PM
I gotta see how all the schedules workout RW but that Saturday show might be enough to attract me to the weekend. I'm really tryin't to fit the Redmann vintage deal at RA into my sched next year so between that, the USGP date change and no final word on either CART or IRL scheds it's all pretty much up in the air with me.

RR. RS.
08-09-03, 10:05 AM
Why couldn't they have the USAC Triple Header on a separate weekend:cry:
I have connections for free tickets at the Mile. I use the very expensive CART tickets of course, but have turned down the Buschy and Truckster tickets the past four years because they put me to sleep. When offered the EARL tickets, I will gladly reject and offer my opinions to those in power. There's going to be plenty of freebies for this one folks. And the word around town is the possibility of a season ticket package next season. TG has his hand firmly placed up our Gov's money hungry patut!