PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night cookout at MidOhio

RaceGrrl
08-06-03, 04:46 PM
After the on-track action on Saturday, we'll be getting together in the MO campground at Camp Warlock for a cookout. The Inner Circle Fan Club meeting lasts until 6:30, and we'll start dinner at 6:30 for those who don't go to the meeting. Don't worry about being on time, this is very casual.

The meat and buns will be provided, but you should bring your own drinks and any other munchies that you want. Yes, there will be jello shots. :)

pchall will be grilling teriyaki chicken and burgers. Everyone is welcome, but we need a head count so that we are sure that there is enough food. Please let us know here if you'd like to share dinner and beer (or your drink of choice) with your fellow OffCamber friends.

10cc of jello- STAT!

pchall
08-06-03, 04:59 PM
I make great teriyaki sauce from an original recipe I learned in Japan as a kid. :)

Thick slices of grilled red onions will be a side dish as long as they last. It depends on how many of the right size and shape I can find.

Hardpoint
08-06-03, 05:40 PM
I know that Flobee had planned on deep-frying a turkey on Saturday night.

RaceGrrl
08-06-03, 05:44 PM
Yes, Warlock had mentioned that, so between the turkey and the chicken, there should be plenty of breasts to keep the guys happy. :D

Sorry- the joke was there, I had to use it.

Turn7
08-06-03, 05:47 PM
Are those breast going to have those pop-up thingies? If so, I might make the trip.

Hardpoint
08-06-03, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Are those breast going to have those pop-up thingies? If so, I might make the trip.

I would not want them any other way.

With all of this poultry, their will be enough tryptophan to incapacitate a Rhino.

mello
08-06-03, 06:25 PM
Count Flywheel and I in. Thanks for doing this. :)

XPF
08-06-03, 07:06 PM
I will be there

RaceChic
08-06-03, 07:10 PM
Chicken for me? Please?
I will be there. I am camping with Rocket as well. Erock and Lizzerd should be there also. :D

Lizzerd
08-06-03, 08:54 PM
Heck, I'm in the same campsite. I guess I could make it.

pchall
08-06-03, 09:48 PM
"guests" and "lurkers" at OffCamber are welcome to stop by and say hello. Oh, and Turn13? I'll have a special order of batter fried crow -- tenderloin style -- waiting for you.

Cam
08-06-03, 09:48 PM
Moi!!!! But you knew that! :D

RaceChic
08-06-03, 09:51 PM
I finally get to meet you, Cam??!! :D
And pchall...... :laugh:

Twisty Bits
08-06-03, 10:20 PM
I'll be there fo sho!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

chop456
08-06-03, 10:47 PM
I'll be there.

Railbird
08-06-03, 11:14 PM
count me in.

if I can find it...;)

RTKar
08-06-03, 11:23 PM
Me too:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
08-07-03, 12:00 AM
Hmm...what time would this be? A friend of mine is having a bunch of people over his house to see his band play. Which is news to me because I work with him 5 days a week and hang out with him most weekends, and didn't even know he had a band. :o :D

RaceGrrl
08-07-03, 12:15 AM
Since the Inner Circle Fan Club meeting lasts until 6:30, we'll start dinner at 6:30 for those who don't go to the meeting. Just show up when you can, don't worry about being "on time." This is a very casual thing.

Napoleon
08-07-03, 05:55 AM
Maybe someone should give a discription of where Camp Warlock will be. (edit, check here http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2208 )
Also, I forget how easy is it to get into the camp ground if you are not camping there? I don't think you can drive in, but would have to walk in.

lisa
08-07-03, 08:40 AM
I'll be there and cyclepath will too.

mello
08-07-03, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by lisa
I'll be there and cyclepath will too.
Figured you would but I didn't want to speak for you. lol
4 more hours and I am out of here!!

devilmaster
08-07-03, 09:11 AM
2 fer me.....

Steve

JT265
08-07-03, 11:07 AM
I was gonna show, but Warlock! scares me.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Seriously, I'm PO'd that I'm tied up this weekend. HAve fun folks! ;)

RaceGrrl
08-07-03, 11:34 AM
Warlock is a teddy bear. JoeBob says everyone is afraid of me so I can only assume that I'm the one who's keeping you away. ;)

JT265
08-07-03, 12:07 PM
Naw, your a sweetie. ;)

The only thing that scares me about you is that GRR in your nick. Reminds me of my ex.

(Oh, and your obsession with speeling too) :D :D

Seriously, I gotta stick around Toronto to clean up some paperwork, otherwise I would be there.

RaceGrrl
08-07-03, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by JT265

(Oh, and your obsession with speeling too) :D :D

My obsession with "spelling" or "speeding?"

Napoleon
08-07-03, 07:16 PM
I'm there.

pchall
08-07-03, 11:01 PM
Shopping and food prep are underway.

You folks are in for a treat! :)

KaBoom21
08-08-03, 01:20 PM
Can't make it and I'm bummed.

And I still have Bounce on the brain from RA.

Ankf00
08-08-03, 02:14 PM
:(

http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/pictures/homer-drool.gif
"mmmmmm, chikkinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

TRDfan
08-08-03, 10:50 PM
Try to get a good group shot so we can see everyone at the place the rest of us would like to be.

JT265
08-09-03, 11:45 AM
RaceGrrl, that was spelling, not speeding.

(but yeah, you drive too fast as well :D)

Cam
08-10-03, 11:11 PM
buuuuuuurrrrrrrpppppp!!!!! :thumbup:

devilmaster
08-10-03, 11:16 PM
Good time by all.....

Thanks to the cooks and organizers, eh!

Steve

chop456
08-11-03, 04:41 PM
It was great. Special thanks to pc and grrl.

Hardpoint
08-11-03, 04:45 PM
And Flobee for the fried bird........

Dirty Sanchez
08-11-03, 04:47 PM
10-4. Y'all know how to eat and drink alright. Thanks for keeping my belly full and my blood alcohol level high.

chop456
08-11-03, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks
And Flobee for the fried bird........

Ahhhhh, yes. Had I been conscious..... :D

And BIG props to Flobee for staking his claim bright'n early on Sunday. :thumbup:

rocket
08-11-03, 05:09 PM
Yes...big :thumbup: to the cooks. Never thought pc would come out of his coma to cook though;) .
Great food, great friends, great race.
Thanks to all. :)

RTKar
08-11-03, 05:38 PM
Thank you all very much for putting everything together.

Lizzerd
08-11-03, 06:02 PM
The weekend couldn't have been better. Good food, good friends, good weather, good race, good times, and good stories...

Thanks to pchall and RaceGrrl for the awesome cookout party.

Thanks to the Crappys for an awesome lemming smack down and the target practice on Mikey the Traitor.

Thanks to Flobee Wan for the extra effort staking out the campground and the area in the esses to sit for the race.

Thanks to all my awesome friends that I have made here (cultivated on 7G) and at Crappyville for making the whole weekend so much fun. I only hope that I was able to be part of making your weekend as good for you as it was for me. The comraderie at events like M-O with so many dedicated CARTisans is beyond explanation to the uninformed...

mello
08-11-03, 06:44 PM
Yep thank you all for doing that for us. We had a blast. The food was wonderful! And I didn't get to thank all of you that were at the turn yelling at me on Sunday when I came around the track with Jourdain. That was so awsome of you guys. I could really really hear yah. Racechic especially. I almost cried. I turned around and told Jourdain, Those are my fans. He cracked up laughing. Sorry we didn't get all the good byes in and the hugs. Can't wait to see you all again soon.

RaceGrrl
08-11-03, 08:03 PM
You're all quite welcome. There was hardly anything leftover, but what was left, I got to bring home. :D Thanks to all of you who showed up- the camaraderie among the different forum members was the best part of the weekend for me.

Next year will be bigger and better. We're already planning it.

Special thanks to Flobee for allowing us to use (and trash) his "kitchen."

mello
08-11-03, 08:19 PM
And a special thanks to Rtkar and Lisa for doing all the pictures. :thumbup:

chop456
08-11-03, 08:58 PM
Also, big thanks to phonechi.....errr.....RaceChic ;) for the FULL can of Tim Horton's coffee, and to Lisa for the Aero bar and colossal Reese's P.B. cup.

Stupid story to follow....

fourrunner
08-11-03, 09:11 PM
Well Guess I gotta go to Mid Ohio next year!!!:thumbup:

Warlock!
08-11-03, 10:44 PM
What Lizzerd said
...and :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to the fine officers patrolling the grounds... a great (and tolerant) bunch of guys!

Warlock!

Chief
08-11-03, 11:44 PM
I didn't realize you wonderful folks were getting together until Twisty Bits accidently "staggered" into my campsite on Friday night around midnight. Needless to say, Twisty and I talked CART until 3:30AM (at the then barren Off Camber encampment). Thanks my new friend, it was a pleasure to meet you!

While I didn't stay for dinner Saturday night, I was floored by the "who's who" that were in attendance. It was great to meet all of you! Kudos pchall, RaceGrrl on such a great event. Railbird and I shared a laugh, uneasy for me at first, but I gained a better perspective from it. When introduced to Warlock! the dude just reached out and gave me a hug (of course he had what looked like 1/2 a Turkey in his hand so the handshake was out of the question!). Great folks, great fun. Thank you all, you're a special group!

Napoleon
08-12-03, 05:54 AM
:thumbup:

Had a great time. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Special thanks to pchall for making dinner.

Napoleon
08-12-03, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Chief
Railbird and I shared a laugh, uneasy for me at first . . .

I know what you mean. The guy creeps me out also. ;)

RaceChic
08-12-03, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
The weekend couldn't have been better. Good food, good friends, good weather, good race, good times, and good stories...

Thanks to pchall and RaceGrrl for the awesome cookout party.

Thanks to the Crappys for an awesome lemming smack down and the target practice on Mikey the Traitor.

Thanks to Flobee Wan for the extra effort staking out the campground and the area in the esses to sit for the race.

Thanks to all my awesome friends that I have made here (cultivated on 7G) and at Crappyville for making the whole weekend so much fun. I only hope that I was able to be part of making your weekend as good for you as it was for me. The comraderie at events like M-O with so many dedicated CARTisans is beyond explanation to the uninformed...

I don't really know what else to say after that. Sums it up beautifully. Maybe I'm just all talked out, eh Chop456??!! ;) How do you like the Tim Horton's coffee by the way? Like Twisty Bits said, it's an institution in Canada, eh! And no! Not that kind of institution!!! :D

SteveH
08-12-03, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
:thumbup:

Had a great time. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Special thanks to pchall for making dinner.

Ditto on everything. Couldn't have been better. Good company and good food.