PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car Wall Lights

racer2c
08-05-03, 10:38 PM
I have two hanging in my office at home. I got Bobby in a Floridian flea market back in about '94. I paid $100 because the savey fellow saw I had a race car on my t-shirt. Well, that and i was jumping up and down with excitment. :)

The Penske I found in a road side gas station window in '95 that looked right out of the movie Deleverance. Offered the ol' fellow $25 and he let me have it with a smile.

I take them for granted these days. I have them come on with the main light switch, but rarely give them a glance. I looked up at them tonight and thought, "hey I'll see if anyone likes these things or has any themselves".

Bobby (http://members.cox.net/34onyx/pics/bobby.jpg)

Lil'Al (http://members.cox.net/34onyx/pics/lil_al.jpg)

dando
08-05-03, 11:06 PM
Man, I loved the paint scheme on Rahal's car circa '94 - '96. I've got a signed litho of that car from '95 when CompuServe sponsored him briefly, and he appeared @ the CServe booth in Toronto for Comdex Canada.

-Kevin

lone_groover
08-05-03, 11:22 PM
Somewhere, Christopher Lowell sighs.....:gomer:

rabbit
08-05-03, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Somewhere, Christopher Lowell sighs.....:gomer: :laugh:

Hink
08-06-03, 12:03 AM
I used to print them back in the screen printing days. They weren't lights yet, just flat plastic sheets. We did Rahal, Wallace, and Senna (definitely not the Penske). I had saved a few sheets but those are long gone.

racer2c
08-06-03, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Somewhere, Christopher Lowell sighs.....:gomer:

Damn, back to the google to decifer you. Why you can't speak english like the rest of us...:flame: :mad: :D

anait
08-06-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by racer2c
Damn, back to the google to decifer you. Why you can't speak english like the rest of us...:flame: :mad: :D

:rofl: What, you haven't succumbed to the lure of the fab new celebrity-fueled interior design craze?? :p

Actually, don't y'all think he'd just flip over a rad, hip, funky, racing-themed room? Racing memorabilia would hold up just fine beside a lot of his design ideas... :D

racer2c
08-06-03, 01:59 PM
Google paid off again. Sometimes I think if it wasn't for the internet, I'd be complete idiot. :gomer:

Coincidentally, I've been told by more then just my wife that I have a good eye for interior design. So much so that she let me design the kitchen that we remodeled together. It's a mix of deco/industrial, typical stainless steel accents and appliances with black counter-tops that's all the rage in the magazines. But, I did hang my pencil sketch of Senna circa '91 and it fits in surprisingly well. We've gotten nothing but positive feedback. The living room sports three framed posters from the Monaco GP circa the 1930's and also my signed litho of Senna and Mansell in the Spanish GP. The colors complement the room. I'll post some pics...

rabbit
08-06-03, 02:02 PM
"Rooms by Racer2c, next on HGTV!" :laugh: