PDA

View Full Version : the vision

Ankf00
08-05-03, 06:31 PM
gotta love it ;)

Technical advantage only afforded to former CART outfits, beautiful storyline.

http://www.all4engineers.com/preview.php?alloc=33&lng=en&id=37

Climber
08-05-03, 10:59 PM
I read this article and learned two things I didn't know before:

1. There has been engineering in the IRL.

2. IRL cars have brakes.

EDwardo
08-06-03, 08:53 AM
I loved this quote:

"Penske identified that the brakes fitted as standard to the Dallaras and G-Forces running in IRL were far from efficient. It seemed that, as the drivers were unlikely to brake running on the ovals, little attention had been made to how they stopped when they came into the pits."

cart7
08-06-03, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by EDwardo
I loved this quote:

"Penske identified that the brakes fitted as standard to the Dallaras and G-Forces running in IRL were far from efficient. It seemed that, as the drivers were unlikely to brake running on the ovals,

little attention had been made to how they stopped when they came into the pits."
That's because the league has to focus all it's time trying to prevent broken backs and concussions when the cars stop after they've run into the wall.

pchall
08-06-03, 03:58 PM
Kinda makes you wonder about the IRL.

I remember a race at Fontana (2001, if memory serves) where de Ferran had to hit the binders hard and came to a tire smoking near stop to avoid an accident in front of him. It makes me think that many of the things required for a good roadracing formula car go into making an excellent speedway car.

Don Quixote
08-06-03, 04:23 PM
Has this been put up on Beechlerforum? This would no doubt start another round of conniptions over there.

cart7
08-07-03, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
Has this been put up on Beechlerforum? This would no doubt start another round of conniptions over there.
I would, but I've been banned off the earl board. :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
08-07-03, 05:40 PM
And these morons want to go roadracing....:rofl:

manic mechanic
08-10-03, 08:09 PM
another example of the drivers being more able than their mounts..

Gotta love TG's "vizzens"...Obviously induced by hallucinogenics..

Hey TG, Fred...Pass that stuff over here. I haven't seen a 50 foot long motorcycle taillight in 20 years!!!:rofl: :rofl:

manic

fourrunner
08-10-03, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by cart7
That's because the league has to focus all it's time trying to prevent broken backs and concussions when the cars stop after they've run into the wall.

Do you have Proof that they're actually doing This!! ;);)