PDA

View Full Version : The Mysterious Bourdais Donuts

chop456
08-05-03, 02:31 AM
If anyone knows what was up with Sebastien doing donuts after the race instead of Bruno, I'm interested in finding out.

Not a big deal, just seemed odd.

Hink
08-05-03, 06:30 AM
I saw that too. We were near five walking to the paddock right after seeing Junquei win and Carp get by Manning up the hill. Then the customary turn five donuts start and it's not the winner?! What was that?!

cartcanuck
08-05-03, 03:12 PM
I wonder if it was in response to team orders to stay behind Junky and protect Junky's championship.

Theory 1: maybe he had a car that was fast enough to win, but team orders prohibited him from doing so.

Theory 2: he was celebrating the teamwork that brought the team the overall win

Theory 3: He was happy to survive the race and considered that a victory

Theory 4: he figured that after the long wait, the fans deserved a show...something they didn't get from the race itself.

rabbit
08-05-03, 03:30 PM
Theory four seems the most likely.

Chaos
08-05-03, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Theory four seems the most likely.

agreed...in Toronto several years back, PC did some burnouts after the race. He finished mid-pack. (Granted burnouts are more subtle than doughnuts)

RaceGrrl
08-05-03, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by cartcanuck
I wonder if it was in response to team orders to stay behind Junky and protect Junky's championship.

I agree. I think it was a not-so-subtle way of saying "I should have won this race." I kinda like that.

lone_groover
08-05-03, 04:30 PM
Nah, the JunqueMan had everybody covered. Track was drying, tires were getting hot, he played it smart. Bourdais only got close in the final laps.

Hink
08-05-03, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Nah, the JunqueMan had everybody covered. Track was drying, tires were getting hot, he played it smart. Bourdais only got close in the final laps.

Bingo. Bourdais only got close since Junquei let him. Sure there were team orders on not passing Bruno but he showed he could run away if he wanted to or had to.

RaceChic
08-05-03, 05:32 PM
From what I understand, Sebastian's parents were there for the race and I think it was for their benefit. Really touching, actually. "This one's for you, Mom and Dad!" :D

TedN
08-05-03, 07:10 PM
Pic Here (http://www.geocities.com/rh_spratt/RoadAmerica/frog_donuts.jpg)

Ted

dando
08-05-03, 10:47 PM
He was feeling a little froggy? ;)

-Kevin

JT265
08-06-03, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dando
He was feeling a little froggy? ;)

-Kevin

He outta be careful, after all, he already wears glasses!

PS: He should wait until he is in the privacy and sanctity of his own bathroom before he does that kinda thing anyway. ;)