PDA

View Full Version : Ralf's penalty...

Climber
08-04-03, 11:59 PM
...was absurd, at least in my opinion. At least it was inconsistent on the part of the stewards. If his big brother had pulled that move, no one would have had a second thought. Come to think about it, his big brother has pulled that same move - many times - and has suffered nary a wrist slap for it.

And 10 laps is clearly excessive. At Hungary it's a death sentence.

With Williams as close as it is in the Constructors' race, there is just no excuse for this. Good luck with the appeal, Sir Frank.

Cam
08-05-03, 12:21 AM
Ummmm...... Its not 10 laps..... Its 10 starting positions from where he qualifies.

EDwardo
08-05-03, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Climber
...was absurd, at least in my opinion. At least it was inconsistent on the part of the stewards. If his big brother had pulled that move, no one would have had a second thought. Come to think about it, his big brother has pulled that same move - many times - and has suffered nary a wrist slap for it.

And 10 laps is clearly excessive. At Hungary it's a death sentence.

With Williams as close as it is in the Constructors' race, there is just no excuse for this. Good luck with the appeal, Sir Frank.

I agree, the penalty does seem a bit excessive. Especially because I think that Kimmi was ultimately responsible. He was almost off the track trying to get around RB and clearly wasn't in a position to complete the pass. RB was an innocent victim. Ralf was still ahead of the other 2 by a nose.

As for Michael pulling the same move, he is usually clear of the car he is swerving on!

Climber
08-05-03, 10:41 AM
Thank you, Cam. Of course the penalty is 10 starting positions, not 10 laps. Brain and fingers not communicating well.

chop456
08-05-03, 10:48 AM
It's crap.

RichK
08-05-03, 12:52 PM
Ralfie is my least favorite driver, and I still think it's crap.

cartmanoz
08-05-03, 07:00 PM
The penalty is ridiculous.

If you want to see swerving at the start, just watch The Chin take off every time he's on pole. He's the master of swerving, weaving and general dirty driving...

Formula1
08-13-03, 09:30 AM
But that is the advantage of being on pole - you can go anywhere you want - as long as you are in front.

The penalty seems a bit much - considering that the problem originated with Rubens being too slow off the start. A ferrari problem as of late. Ralph was just setting up the line for the first corner and left Rubens with enough track. However he did not know that Kimi chose to run up the outside of Rubens.