PDA

View Full Version : So....

JT265
08-04-03, 12:20 PM
considering that we have almost 300 members, there usually are a ton of us surfing this deal, how come there are no new posts or responses to posts for hours, or sometimes days?

Does everyone have carpal tunnel syndrome, or do most of you use the "hunt and pecker" style of keyboarding that I do?

FYI- It took me 35 minutes to type this. :D

anait
08-04-03, 12:37 PM
I joined last night, I'll get busy. :D Although it did take me 15 minutes to post this, with being interrupted every 15 seconds by kids. :rofl: "Mom, why are marshmallows soft on the outside, and gooey on the inside? Mom, where's the pudding? Mom, can I have Dad's old laptop?" etc ad infinitum...

JT265
08-04-03, 12:49 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey anait! 'sup?

oh, and the obligatory welcome is in order too! :D

JT265
08-04-03, 12:50 PM
I FORGOT!!!!!

Why ARE marshmallows gooey on the inside anyway???

anait
08-04-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey anait! 'sup?

oh, and the obligatory welcome is in order too! :D

Why, thank you...thank you very much. :cool:

As to the gooeyness, I know it has something to do with the chemical properties of sugar...one of them thar candy-making miracles. :D As one of my son's books says, it's 'magic'. ;)

RaceGrrl
08-04-03, 01:26 PM
To answer your question about new threads JT, I think it's because we don't have a tendency to argue with one another very much. Maybe it's because we're hardened forum veterans now, and don't feel the need to pick apart every race? What do YOU think?

racer2c
08-04-03, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
To answer your question about new threads JT, I think it's because we don't have a tendency to argue with one another very much. Maybe it's because we're hardened forum veterans now, and don't feel the need to pick apart every race? What do YOU think?

Bingo! I'm seriously considering only using emoticons for my posts.

:)

JT265
08-04-03, 01:43 PM

What do I think? Well, I'm as big a CART fan as any, BUT.....

(j/k) :D

trubritz
08-04-03, 02:04 PM

Yup, that pretty much sums it up - plus no-one is endlessly trying to up their post count. We all know most of each other so we all respect what we do or do not know.

There's no need to pick apart something just for post count sake, when you know that the member that started the thread knows what they are talking about.

Guess that comes from knowing each other after graduating from other places and actually respecting their knowledge.

Of course, I could be reading it all wrong of course.:)

paper
08-04-03, 02:04 PM
Ill argue with you jt if you like. hmmmmm.. the mapleloafs suck. truck drivers are , hmmmmmm, flesh pressing is your favorite thing hmmmmm,, I know! I know!!! jacque villennue is a worthless sloppy dresser? there ya go.. your friend , the jingo-istic paper

Kiwifan
08-04-03, 02:30 PM
You summed it up perfectly for me RaceGrrl, and I didn't have to type anything. :) :)

Rusty.

Ankf00
08-04-03, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by anait
Why, thank you...thank you very much. :cool:

As to the gooeyness, I know it has something to do with the chemical properties of sugar...one of them thar candy-making miracles. :D As one of my son's books says, it's 'magic'. ;)

what are YOU doing here?! hrmmmm... what happened to the background check upon membership? :p hehehe.

DjDrOmusic
08-04-03, 03:46 PM

But what of those that come here to argue, have they no voice? And if they do have a voice where is it? Who's to say I'm hardened, are you an expert at hardening? And if I am hardened do I then get some special "Hardened" card to wear like prize?....

....Ah sorry I was chaneling Silva there for a minute!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :gomer:

paper
08-04-03, 03:49 PM
ah silva,, the most addicted poster ever ever.. and where did he go? living proof theres hope for us all, cept JT ,, he's needin some action... paper

Hardpoint
08-04-03, 03:49 PM
plus no-one is endlessly trying to up their post count.

Padding post counts is WRONG!!! ;)

DjDrOmusic
08-04-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks

How true! ;) :p

nz_climber
08-04-03, 03:58 PM

Yeah i reckon

POSTCOUNT := POSTCOUNT + 1 :D

rabbit
08-04-03, 04:02 PM
Padding post counts is WRONG!!! ;) I

rabbit
08-04-03, 04:03 PM
Padding post counts is WRONG!!! ;) disagree

rabbit
08-04-03, 04:05 PM
Padding post counts is WRONG!!! ;) with

DjDrOmusic
08-04-03, 04:06 PM
But

rabbit
08-04-03, 04:06 PM
Padding post counts is WRONG!!! ;) you! :o

DjDrOmusic
08-04-03, 04:07 PM
Why???:eek: :gomer:

rabbit
08-04-03, 04:07 PM
Speaking of which, pchall just slipped by Napoleon to take the top poster's spot.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=10

paper
08-04-03, 04:09 PM
there may not be many posts but the veiw thing is happenin" I guess its like silent farts,, no noise but somehow you know its there.. thats a little trucky talk to splain this to JT... and before you get serious ,, he is one of my best freinds in the whole wide world.. Im so proud he wrote some sentences.. paper

DjDrOmusic
08-04-03, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by paper
there may not be many posts but the veiw thing is happenin" I guess its like silent farts,, no noise but somehow you know its there.. thats a little trucky talk to splain this to JT... and before you get serious ,, he is one of my best freinds in the whole wide world.. Im so proud he wrote some sentences.. paper

PAPER, are you padding your post counts again? Shame on you!!

:D :gomer: :rofl: :rofl:

RaceGrrl
08-04-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
Who's to say I'm hardened, are you an expert at hardening? And if I am hardened do I then get some special "Hardened" card?

If you're not, then apparently I'm not. I don't have a Hardening card, you must have me confused with someone else. :p

Lizzerd
08-04-03, 04:32 PM
Well, I just got home from RA a while ago (camped Sunday night, too) and have flagged a couple threads I'm gonna comment on... later... after a nap.

For the C programmers...

Postcount++;

paper
08-04-03, 04:45 PM
do you get something for post counts?

Napoleon
08-04-03, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Speaking of which, pchall just slipped by Napoleon to take the top poster's spot.

:mad:

Napoleon
08-04-03, 05:07 PM

:saywhat:

rabbit
08-04-03, 05:35 PM
Back to the original question... I think part of the reason is because theree are so many of us who are paying customers. I've noticed during weekends like Cleveland and Road America, posting is waaay down because most of us are at the track. But there were a lot of posts during Germany and Brands Hatch.
My 2cents.

JT265
08-04-03, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by paper
Ill argue with you jt if you like. hmmmmm.. the mapleloafs suck. truck drivers are , hmmmmmm, flesh pressing is your favorite thing hmmmmm,, I know! I know!!! jacque villennue is a worthless sloppy dresser? there ya go.. your friend , the jingo-istic paper

Man I need to get bored more often! ;)

Ok, le papier, or even, les papier (in respect of you being a lesbian and all ;) ) Maple Leafs suck? well, duh! 'course they do, BUT, there is always next year! RIGHT????

Truck drivers are.... today AIN'T the day to get me started on that one :D

woulda LOVED to do some flesh-pressing down at the Beaches today (topless is legal in Ontario :D)

JV? pretty much agreed, so no one can argue with me now.

And you? Yep. yer a jingoistic old red-neck, no question, but I'll get ya edumacated in time :laugh:

Oh, and DJDoc and RaceGrrl, being from a small town, I have no idea what you two are trying to harden, but may I respectfully suggest either liquid calcium or Elmer's Glue.

:laugh: :thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
08-05-03, 12:35 AM
If you're not, then apparently I'm not. I don't have a Hardening card, you must have me confused with someone else. :p

Oh no, the ghost of Silva is invading both of us!! :cry: :gomer: :laugh: :eek:

DjDrOmusic
08-05-03, 12:37 AM
Oh and now that I have 300 posts, do I get an extra Twinkie??:D ;)

chop456
08-05-03, 02:25 AM
Back to the original question... I think part of the reason is because theree are so many of us who are paying customers. I've noticed during weekends like Cleveland and Road America, posting is waaay down because most of us are at the track. But there were a lot of posts during Germany and Brands Hatch.
My 2cents.

That's true.

(+1) :D

dando
08-05-03, 10:52 PM
Back on topic, again....I for one am sticking my toe in the water slowly and carefully....in case there are sharks in these here waters... :)

-Kevin

rocket
08-05-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by dando
Back on topic, again....I for one am sticking my toe in the water slowly and carefully....in case there are sharks in these here waters... :)

-Kevin

Sharks don't nibble on toes...so you might as well jump on in. Just remember, if you are attacked by a "shark" just punch him in the nose...if that doesn't work, poke him in the eye with your stump.:D

rocket
08-05-03, 11:20 PM
My 2cents.

Yup.

+2 :p

EDwardo
08-06-03, 09:25 AM
I just want to get rid of that "rookie" thing. I ain't no rookie!

cart7
08-06-03, 10:09 AM
:thumbup: This one's for the thread. :cool:

cart7
08-06-03, 10:10 AM
:thumbup: and this one's for my post count. ;)