PDA

View Full Version : 49'ers Fire Coach.

Turn7
01-16-03, 12:32 PM
I think Mariucchi has done a more than adequate job for the team.

I bet he doesn't stay unemployeed for long.

WickerBill
01-16-03, 01:35 PM
...and I bet that a better result would have been hard to attain with the talent they had this year.

WB

RacinM3
01-16-03, 01:46 PM
I read that during the last game this year he instructed his team to leave the field with more than 30 seconds left in the first half, rather than go for a couple of low percentage plays that if successful, could have paid off. They were losing pretty badly, and had nothing left to lose.

Quitting on your players doesn't sit well in that league, and puts in question whether or not those players are going to believe in you next season.

I think that had a lot to do with his firing.

JoeBob
01-16-03, 01:47 PM
That job has Denny Green's name all over it. I don't see him doing anything that Mariucchi couldn't do. (Except maybe safeguard TO's sharpies.)

Foxman
01-16-03, 01:52 PM
I think firing Mooch was a mistake, it will come back to haunt them.. The reason I heard for the firing was that Bill Walsh works in the SF front office and there is quite a dislike between the two. Mooch was part of Green Bay's dream team that included Gruden and a few others that I can't remember - firing him will come back to bite them in the rear.

Ziggy
01-16-03, 04:57 PM
I hope this is the begining of the end for the Niner's. This guy is/was a pretty good coach IMO. I have never liked the dirty SF 49'ers anyway. So I cheer every dumb decision

Ziggy