PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Watch

Treeface
08-04-03, 09:11 AM
Used a provisional to get in. Finish 32nd 4 laps back. Earned $103,780.

DaveL
08-04-03, 11:03 AM
Larry has used 9 (!) provisionals this year and has made the race on speed only 5 times. His average starting postion is almost 38th. If AJ can get away with changing numbers to get more provisionals, then we can look forward to more starts in 43rd as the season concludes.

Oh, and his average finish is almost 35th.

It's the worst full-time WC effort I have ever seen.

Eagle104
08-04-03, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Treeface
Used a provisional to get in. Finish 32nd 4 laps back. Earned$103,780.
Not to nitpick, but should the word "earned" be used here?? ;)

cartmanoz
08-04-03, 08:44 PM
Yes, I think he was GIVEN that money. For doing what exactly, I can't explain.

devilmaster
08-04-03, 08:46 PM
So we should get a car together, and try to make some races.... think about it. we could probably make a million dollars for being as good as foyt.

The OC winston cup ride for greed. Gotta good ring to it, no?

Steve

Racewriter
08-04-03, 10:37 PM
Billy Bigley, Jr. prepped a car in a 2500 square foot shop in Charlotte. He loaded up the car and his ONE spare engine in his short track hauler, went to Indy, and qualified 39th, missing the BY400 by less than a tenth of a second. I bet Bigley doesn't have 150K invested.

Lightning Larry was 42nd.

devilmaster
08-04-03, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Billy Bigley, Jr. prepped a car in a 2500 square foot shop in Charlotte. He loaded up the car and his ONE spare engine in his short track hauler, went to Indy, and qualified 39th, missing the BY400 by less than a tenth of a second. I bet Bigley doesn't have 150K invested.

Lightning Larry was 42nd.

Roush sells cars on his website. Have to assume we'd be starting with a bad roush car, which would probably be still good enough for a car that would beat larry ;) :D

Steve

JT265
08-04-03, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Roush sells cars on his website. Have to assume we'd be starting with a bad roush car, which would probably be still good enough for a car that would beat larry ;) :D

Steve

I'm in Stevie!

All we gotta do is skulk around Foyt's shop long enuff to see where he is hiding the NOS bottle, and we're good to go. ;)

devilmaster
08-04-03, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JT265
I'm in Stevie!

All we gotta do is skulk around Foyt's shop long enuff to see where he is hiding the NOS bottle, and we're good to go. ;)

Well, I wanna drive. So we'll have to skulk around the 7 car to see how Spenser can get in and out of the car, then i'm set. ;) :D

Steve

JT265
08-04-03, 11:07 PM
No prob, we can just grease you up and push.

Maybe ParKay would like to do an associate deal??:eek: :thumbup:

DaveL
08-04-03, 11:09 PM

Compare and contrast that with the Petty and Foyt efforts. One guy who knows what in the hell he is doing is a lot more effective than 100 guys who don't.

And let us not Kevin LePage's effort go unnoticed. He made the race on speed fair and square, something that is becoming an alien concept to the Petty and Foyt teams.

DaveL
08-04-03, 11:10 PM
Double post.

devilmaster
08-04-03, 11:32 PM
Just so we have a complete understanding of foyt and how this is just wrong.........

Rank - 42nd overall
Pts - 829
Behind Leader - 2323
Starts - 14
Wins - 0
Top 5 - 0
Top 10 - 0
Money Given - $876,307

:shakehead

Steve

Racewriter
08-05-03, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Roush sells cars on his website. Have to assume we'd be starting with a bad roush car,
Steve

No such thing, Steve. I have a friend who bought two cars off Roush's website last year (to run ARCA), and I looked at them right after he picked them up. Beautiful pieces. Even had brand new ball joints and suspension bushings in them. When he was down there, he saw two cars that were being cut up (the chassis had been stripped). He asked what the deal was, and the used parts manager told him the cars were just turds - they'd built 'em, run 'em, and couldn't get them to work well. So rather than sell them (and maybe get a bad name, and hurt the value in the marketplace), they stripped them, sold the parts, and cut up the chassis.

Price? 65K for both cars, less engines, tranny, seats, and belts. With straight bodies. One with a damaged body would have carried a heavy discount.

RacinM3
08-05-03, 03:36 PM
It's the worst full-time WC effort I have ever seen.

Doesn't the use of the word "effort" imply trying, or working? There must be another, better word for what this joke is.

DaveL
08-05-03, 11:50 PM
Price? 65K for both cars, less engines, tranny, seats, and belts.

Yeah, but then Rousch tries to sell you the extended warranty, extra rustproofing, and tacks on all kinds of fees and charges written in print so fine you need an electron microscope to read it :)

RacinM3 wrote:

Doesn't the use of the word "effort" imply trying, or working? There must be another, better word for what this joke is.

Good point. It's the worst full-time entry I've ever seen.