PDA

View Full Version : The RA HDNet experience

RaceGrrl
08-03-03, 10:29 PM
It's the race that wasn't. At least it wasn't on HDNet. We went to Frog Bear and Wild Boar Bar here in Columbus and the place was full of CART fans. It was good to hang with friends while we waited for the race to start. We waited and talked and drank and waited and drank some more.

The picture on the HD TV was great, but it just sucked that we didn't get to actually watch the race. The bar started to empty out at around 5:30 or so. We went home and listened to the live audio and followed the timing and scoring.

For what it's worth, I think it would have been a kick-@ss event if the race had run on time. There was nothing that CART could do about the weather, and under the circumstances, I think they made the right call. At a track like RA, you can't expect people to stay overnight, and I've read that all the hotels nearby were completely booked anyway. It was better to run a shortened race than to delay for a day. That would have been a bigger debacle.

I was disappointed that Servia was out on the restart, and was really surprised that Tracy would do something so stupid. PT's move is something I'd have liked to see in HD.

fourrunner
08-04-03, 12:01 AM
The Race was Superb on HDNet!

Tracy forgot to think two moves ahead. His Pass on Carp was Clean, then Sebastian Chopped Right and Tracy had no where to go! Sebastian protected his line. Tracy forgot he would probably do that.
The Gravel ended Tracy's day!

The crap with Michel was after the fact!

The Auxilary Sponsors must love High Definition - You can read their decals!!! :)