PDA

View Full Version : Can we keep Guy Hobbs?

BMEP
08-03-03, 07:17 PM
I love this guy...

On Dominguez being hopeful that he could rejoin the race after being hoisted out of the gravel trap (he didn't get out of car)

"They're going to put his car behind the wall and Dominguez can stay in the car as long as he likes".

I love it! :D

fourrunner
08-03-03, 09:44 PM
He IS extremely witty

Also liked how he would unapologetically contradict the Booth Announcers when they'd say someone was blocking!

Yes he would be a Keeper IMO!:thumbup:

Shadow
08-04-03, 12:11 AM
Move to Canada and you will get these guys several times a year. Whenever TSN doesn't delay a broadcast and Speed or CBS does, we get Hobbs et al. I have to say I prefer the Speed Crew for CART - but the ITV crew for F1.

Adder
08-04-03, 01:48 PM
Sadly this is the first time Guy has been involved with a Champ Car broadcast since the series left ESPN at the end of 2001. He worked for 10 years on ESPN International I believe, first filling in the commercials on the domestic coverage and then doing full race commentaries alongside Chris Tate, Ben Edwards and Jeremy Shaw.

It has been a realy shame IMO in the absence of Ben Edwards that Guy has been overlooked for an announcing position for the last two years!

RaceGrrl
08-04-03, 01:55 PM
I enjoyed the commentary I could understand, but the audio was so muddy that it was hard to catch some of what he said. I do appreciate his wit.

lone_groover
08-04-03, 04:16 PM
The guy is supa witty. Somebody email "Leaky" and invite him to register at OC and CRAPWAGON.COM.

:cool:

nissan gtp
08-04-03, 05:05 PM
I like Guy a lot too .... chip off the ole bloke !