PDA

View Full Version : 4 Lap Total Race Length!!?

Gurneyflap
08-03-03, 06:25 PM
5:25 CDT...drivers to your cars...Did I REALLY hear that correctly!? A 16 mi. Champcar race? (+ the 6 or 7 already "run."

Gurneyflap
08-03-03, 06:30 PM
This open mike stuff is kind of fun! WHO moved 25 min. south of the city to avoid taxes, and homeschool their children? ALL laps count... build up speed comong out of 12...They (on-air personalities) sound tired AND disgusted...what about the teams and drivers? I hear the air wrenches...tire changes or just checking them out?

Gurneyflap
08-03-03, 06:32 PM
Start engines! After 5:30...WOW! Good luck guys! (...and CART)...Oh, 34 laps not 4! Whew!

Gurneyflap
08-03-03, 06:47 PM
Luck, huh? Tracy, Manning, Montiero and who? "Sorry guys, I messed up"...gee he sort of sounds like Sarah!

racer2c
08-03-03, 07:01 PM
and you're a fan?

BMEP
08-03-03, 07:20 PM
The powers that be should do ANYTHING possible to extend this thing... it's turning into a good race!

Gurneyflap
08-03-03, 08:14 PM
Oh, 2c, you still don't get me, do you? Relax. You BET I'm a fan...but I like to tease! Why don't you just come back with a defense instead of an attack? Sure I try to stir things up a bit...why not? Heck of a race afterall, eh? What did you think of Max today... Pretty good? The points chase looks a lot more interesting to me now. What do YOU think? I like ALL these guys. I admire what they do. I spent 2 days at the track but had a "thing" that couldn't be avoided Sat. night, so I had to do the web-cast/live t&s today while I watched the Cub game and read a book! Raining like crazy here, too, couldn't do any outdoor work, so...? Actually, I admired PT's response: "I THOUGHT I was a good rain driver...", very humble and self-effacing. He's fine...MAYBE the best, we'll see, 7 races to go!

BlueStang
08-05-03, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Luck, huh? Tracy, Manning, Montiero and who? "Sorry guys, I messed up"...gee he sort of sounds like Sarah!

Who said that... PT??

racer2c
08-05-03, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Oh, 2c, you still don't get me, do you? Relax. You BET I'm a fan...but I like to tease! Why don't you just come back with a defense instead of an attack? Sure I try to stir things up a bit...why not? Heck of a race afterall, eh? What did you think of Max today... Pretty good? The points chase looks a lot more interesting to me now. What do YOU think? I like ALL these guys. I admire what they do. I spent 2 days at the track but had a "thing" that couldn't be avoided Sat. night, so I had to do the web-cast/live t&s today while I watched the Cub game and read a book! Raining like crazy here, too, couldn't do any outdoor work, so...? Actually, I admired PT's response: "I THOUGHT I was a good rain driver...", very humble and self-effacing. He's fine...MAYBE the best, we'll see, 7 races to go!

It was a question, not an attack. You're posts had a peculiar negative overtone.

Lizzerd
08-06-03, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by BlueStang
Who said that... PT??

I had my scanner on PT when he went off. He actually said "sorry, guys, I just f-ed myself", which translated to "sorry guys, I messed up" on the broadcast.