PDA

View Full Version : We're Fanatics!!!

RaceGrrl
08-01-03, 09:04 PM
Thanks to TrueSports, nrc, pchall and I get to be CART Fanatics at MidOhio next weekend. We'll participate in the pre-race activities on Sunday, holding a flag and the car number. We also get free weekend race tickets and paddock passes, along with a CART T-shirt. Apparently they took names from the Town Meeting attendees and started calling people to see if they wanted to participate.

Mello and her husband are Fanatics too, and there are lots of Crappys on the list as well. They couldn't have chosen a more enthusiastic or CART-positive group of fans than people from OffCamber and Crapwagon. We ROCK!

JT265
08-01-03, 09:32 PM
But wait!

Ain't that spelled Phanatics? ;)

Have fun folks! :D

RaceGrrl
08-01-03, 09:38 PM
No- it's Phanatic's. :D

JoeBob
08-01-03, 10:10 PM
My wife was a FANatic at Road America last year - you'll have a lot of fun!

cart7
08-04-03, 05:31 AM
Now remember, you have an image to uphold. You, as a Cart fan, must make Cart and everything about it appear professional and sophisticated. So that means...

NO SHORTS!

:D

anait
08-04-03, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Now remember, you have an image to uphold. You, as a Cart fan, must make Cart and everything about it appear professional and sophisticated. So that means...

NO SHORTS!

:rofl:

Did you know, that in some pit lanes, you can't wear tank tops?? Shoulder-covering tops are required at M-O, I read. Guess spaghetti straps are too distracting?? :D

RaceGrrl
08-04-03, 01:22 PM
I'd say a bunch of guys in spaghetti-strap tops WOULD be distracting! :D

anait
08-04-03, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

:laugh: Okay, I hadn't thought of that...mental pictures flowing in now, yikes!!!

JT265
08-04-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

See, racers/other/ Castroneves, Helio

Lizzerd
08-04-03, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by cart7

NO SHORTS!

And don't forget to shave, too, RaceGrrl. :D :saywhat:

mello
08-04-03, 07:13 PM
I got a cool Fed ex letter today. Explained more in detail for what I won. It is for sure going to be with one of the top ten qualifiers and then I get to do the ride around the track with a driver in the pickup truck. We draw names out of a hat so hope my luck holds out to get one of my favorites. Really any of them will be fine with me. This is going to be way cool. Glad so many of my friends won to be there too. They so far gave me a bottle of Simple Green, a laynard, a diecast Simple Green truck, 2 tickets w/paddock for weekend, and they said they are giving me a disposable camera to take with me on my ride. lol. Oh yah and a T-shirt. Flywheel also got 2 more tickets and is getting a Tshirt. We have someone lined up to take a bunch of pictures for us too so we should be able to have some great pics to share of everyone that gets to do it. This is going to be an great weekend!

Climber
08-04-03, 11:27 PM
mello is my hero! What a great gig! I'll be one of the many thousands waving as you roll by in your chariot!

pchall
08-05-03, 08:23 PM
No shorts?

Dang!

I guess I'll just have to borrow that checkered flag Carpentier wore last year...