PDA

View Full Version : Boss!!!

JT265
07-31-03, 04:32 PM
No, not THAT one, WB!

To answer your question in the closed thread, if you had posted that link instead of JSR, we all would have grumbled some, beat the keys in frustration, and PM'd each other with nasty missives behind your back.

Just thought you'd wanna know. :D :gomer:

PS: j/k :laugh:

datachicane
07-31-03, 04:47 PM
I would have mocked you for pushing an article that couldn't even spell Gerry Forsythe's name correctly.
:D

rabbit
07-31-03, 04:50 PM
My response would have been the same:
The article quoted Forest Gump, multiple times.
Enough said.

The difference between WB or one of us posting it is that it would have been out of character. No one is surprised that JSR posted it.

JT265
07-31-03, 04:53 PM
Rabbit, I was gonna read the link until you guys mentioned that Mr. Gump was responsible.

What a tool.

RaceGrrl
07-31-03, 05:08 PM
Boss... point taken. I might have been a little less snarky with you.

JSR
07-31-03, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by rabbit

The difference between WB or one of us posting it is that it would have been out of character. No one is surprised that JSR posted it.

May I ask exactly what is that supposed to mean?

JoeBob
07-31-03, 05:12 PM
Those of you who attack JSR must not know him very well. He might not agree with everyone here, but he's not the type to try to tear apart a forum either.

The thing that makes OC great is that we can discuss things, without attacking each other. This isn't a site where if you're not in line, you're not welcome, and ripping apart dissenters is raised to the level of spectator sport. Nor is it a site where trolls are allowed to run free, resulting in everyone's motives being questioned.

His thread could have been a wonderful exercise in picking apart an idiot writer. Instead, it degraded quickly into attacking a poster. There's already plenty of CART sites where that happens on a regular basis. Most of us are here to get away from that.

At OffCamber, we have the best moderator in the business, and as posters, we need to let him do his job. He's the boss, and he gets to make the call when somebody is out of line.

I hope that thread is just people having a bad day. It certainly isn't an example of OffCamber.net at its best.

spook
07-31-03, 05:15 PM
I could not have said this any better. I was really feeling for JSR!!!

Originally posted by JoeBob
Those of you who attack JSR must not know him very well. He might not agree with everyone here, but he's not the type to try to tear apart a forum either.

The thing that makes OC great is that we can discuss things, without attacking each other. This isn't a site where if you're not in line, you're not welcome, and ripping apart dissenters is raised to the level of spectator sport. Nor is it a site where trolls are allowed to run free, resulting in everyone's motives being questioned.

His thread could have been a wonderful exercise in picking apart an idiot writer. Instead, it degraded quickly into attacking a poster. There's already plenty of CART sites where that happens on a regular basis. Most of us are here to get away from that.

At OffCamber, we have the best moderator in the business, and as posters, we need to let him do his job. He's the boss, and he gets to make the call when somebody is out of line.

I hope that thread is just people having a bad day. It certainly isn't an example of OffCamber.net at its best.

Napoleon
07-31-03, 06:15 PM
Well put Joe Bob.

Dr. Corkski
07-31-03, 06:38 PM

I hope that thread is just people having a bad day. It certainly isn't an example of OffCamber.net at its best. :thumbup:

JT265
07-31-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by spook
I could not have said this any better. I was really feeling for JSR!!!

I was gettin' all warm and fuzzy Spookie, to the point I was gonna ask for a group hug, but then I remembered what happened to us the last time we asked you for a group hug! :D :D ;)

Climber
07-31-03, 10:01 PM
I don't know JSR or his posts, but it did seem to my (O.C.)rookie sensibilities that he was getting beaten up pretty badly. Deserved or not, I cannot say. But, I do have experience with moderators and here I must commend WB. No nasty cracks, no mysterious delete, just a short, intelligent question that made posters think. Some reconsidered, some reaffirmed, but it was all done with maturity and a lack of heavy-handedness.

And the article was just plain dumb, written (or re-written from other articles) by someone who does not understand racing, much less CART.

fourrunner
07-31-03, 10:29 PM
You would NEVER had Started that Thread!!! ;)

nrc
07-31-03, 10:37 PM
His thread could have been a wonderful exercise in picking apart an idiot writer. Instead, it degraded quickly into attacking a poster.
I certainly don't support shooting the messenger, but I'm pretty tired of the "pick apart the idiot writer" game. The first generation idiocy is bad enough, but this piece was an idiot quoting an idiot.

I already went through one full season of debunking the notion that CART was going to be dead this year. I'm tired of arguing with people who aren't listening and wouldn't be capable of objective thought if they were. It doesn't do a thing to dispell the doom and gloom and "I told you so" just isn't worth the effort any more.

Just were does someone get stones big enough to quote Forest Bond on matters CART related? This is the man who swore not only that there was no way CART could assemble an 18 car field this season, but that Chris Pook was knowingly lying about his ability to do so. This is a guy who always claims to be right, even as he revises his spin on a daily basis. If he had one tenth the business acumen of the men he claims to have figured out he wouldn't be peddling his crap on the internet for chump change.

Cam
08-01-03, 12:00 AM
JoeBob... You own a cat! Dontcha? :D

WickerBill
08-01-03, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm going to move this to Feedback.

(mainly because I really like to see my little "move over" flag)

WB

mapguy
08-01-03, 06:36 AM
Although I suspected JSR to be a lemming when this board first opened I have come to the conclusion that he is a fan of both. With slight lemming tendancies. ;) He's a good egg.

Having said that it wasn't a smart idea to post that article the way it was done.

Oh, and what JoeBob said. :thumbup:

spook
08-01-03, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by JT265
I was gettin' all warm and fuzzy Spookie, to the point I was gonna ask for a group hug, but then I remembered what happened to us the last time we asked you for a group hug! :D :D ;)

What happened last time? Refresh my memory!!!! :D

Dr. Corkski
08-02-03, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by spook
What happened last time? Refresh my memory!!!! :D He found out the hard way about mapguy's tendency to not wear pants. ;)