PDA

View Full Version : For anyone wanting to shout at the moon...

MAXAR RE
07-31-03, 01:32 PM
...there is an online petition to get Speed to broadcast the RA race. Now we won't go into the legalities involved in Speed getting the rights to the race from HDNet, nor the problems in down-converting an HD-formatted recording into the 3/4" tape that Speed can use, nay even the expense that would be charged to CART to buy a timeslot that is probably already sold for "consumer product showcase" at 3am. This is just to provide a link to the petition for those of us who honestly believe that we can make a difference by shouting at the moon. :cool:

RA on Speed Petition link (http://www.petitiononline.com/champweb/petition.html)

tllips
07-31-03, 02:46 PM
Or just to show Speed some support for CART.

Climber
07-31-03, 10:08 PM
Not that I think there's any chance that SPEED will drop its beloved and incessant NASCAR feeder series replays, I signed it. Only about 250 signers so far, though.

nz_climber
07-31-03, 10:19 PM
number 269 here :) It doesn't make much difference for me cause we still get it broadcast live, but I support you guys in your quest :D

Lizzerd
07-31-03, 10:59 PM
40 minutes later, I was 274.

I'm pulling up anchor and heading north in about 7 hours though. Hope to be at the track at noon. So, even if they do show it, I won't be able to tape it.