PDA

View Full Version : AJ quote in Robin Miller article

Don Quixote
07-29-03, 07:05 PM
Miller RPM article (http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0728/1586700.html)

On the issue of IRL going road racing:

"I'm against it to be honest with you," said A.J. Foyt to RPM's Marlo Klain. "The IRL was formed to run ovals, it's an all-oval series. I know they want to go to so many more tracks and it's juat gonna cost the guys more money.

"We probably wouldn't file an entry on road course races. If we get run off, we'd probably go to NASCAR."

:laugh: How great is this? :laugh:

Lizzerd
07-29-03, 08:02 PM
Na na naa na. Na na naa na. Hey hey, goodbye.

Not that he was ever one of "us", though.

But seriously, I imagine Jabba the Foyt is probably just skeered of havin ta figger out how to go about settin up one a them slugs to make it turn right, too. Kwality tewels can only get ya so far.

Oh, wait. He's having problems making it just turn left. Never mind.

Railbird
07-29-03, 08:59 PM
If we get run off, we'd probably go to NASCAR."

that in itself is priceless.

RTKar
07-29-03, 09:04 PM
You know what would be cool...if AJ went to the World of Outlaws...that would be interesting...all ovals and on dirt!

Climber
07-29-03, 09:59 PM
Does this mean AJ doesn't buy into version 9.0 of the "vision?"

Dr. Corkski
07-29-03, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
"We probably wouldn't file an entry on road course races. If we get run off, we'd probably go to NASCAR."The France's are probably going to pay TG to not do any road courses because of that.

DaveL
07-29-03, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
"We probably wouldn't file an entry on road course races. If we get run off, we'd probably go to NASCAR."

Yeah, because that NASCAR entry is doing so well these days. The thought of Foyt IV trying to run Cup is too laughable and frightening to even ponder.

nrc
07-29-03, 11:57 PM
Innit funny how the tune has changed.

A couple of years ago we were constantly hearing from the other side how all they wanted to do was mind their own bidness and be left alone. Coexistance was supposedly a viable strategy. They weren't bothering CART and they wanted nothing from CART other than to be left alone.

Now we keep hearing on a weekly basis how they'd like to pick some race or another off the CART schedule and CART must die because coexistance isn't possible. Were the folks that preached the previous line liars, stupid or perhaps stupid liars.

Lizzerd
07-30-03, 04:38 AM
Another thing from the atricle...

And when it looked like Hornish was going to have to pit two more times with some 50 laps to go while his competitors only needed one more stop, a mysterious "debris yellow" came out to eliviate that potential problem after an IRL official reportedly asked over the radio how everybody was doing on fuel.

Does anybody else here remember the Y2K Indy 500? At about mid-race, JPM had a 15 second lead and was pulling away from whoever was in P2. The "debris yellow" was flown. As soon as it happened, I told my buddy that this was BS, that TG called for the yellow. I got some nasty looks from some people (lemmings?) that heard me say it, too. I immediatly punched in the "Safety" team channel on my scanner. I paraphrase: "between one and two". "What are we looking for?" "Debris." .......... "Can't find anything." "OK, they're bunched up now. Come on back in."

Kiwifan
07-30-03, 05:11 AM
It wouldn't surprise me Lizzerd, it wouldn't surprise me. :shakehead

Rusty.

JT265
07-30-03, 08:28 AM
You guys just don't understand! But I must admit that I don't either.

Nor do they.

Fore! in Nascar. IRL on road courses. Reality TV at its finest.

RTKar
07-30-03, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd

Does anybody else here remember the Y2K Indy 500? At about mid-race, JPM had a 15 second lead and was pulling away from whoever was in P2. The "debris yellow" was flown. As soon as it happened, I told my buddy that this was BS, that TG called for the yellow. I got some nasty looks from some people (lemmings?) that heard me say it, too. I immediatly punched in the "Safety" team channel on my scanner. I paraphrase: "between one and two". "What are we looking for?" "Debris." .......... "Can't find anything." "OK, they're bunched up now. Come on back in."

Yup, I remember that and my first thought was that's a bunch of BS.

cart7
07-31-03, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd

Not the least bit surprised. :shakehead