PDA

View Full Version : Check this out!!!

Wheel-Nut
07-29-03, 06:35 PM
This guy is jumping the back end of the peleton at this years tour!!

http://mtbottawa.com/media/pubpics/mtbo00934.jpg

INSANE!!!

Cam
07-29-03, 10:45 PM
/.ed!!!!:saywhat:

Ankf00
07-30-03, 10:15 AM
that's hot.

Dirty Sanchez
07-30-03, 10:35 AM
Sweet photo! :thumbup: Probably looks better than the landing :eek:

FTG
07-30-03, 11:07 AM
Photoshop. No shadow.

Wheel-Nut
07-30-03, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FTG
Photoshop. No shadow.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the photo but look at the spectators on the left side of the road. They are looking up at something.

rabbit
07-30-03, 12:29 PM
Look at the shadows cast by the bikes. The sun is behind the jumper. The shadows on his clothes etc. match the angle of the shadows on the track. With the sun behind him, his shadow would be behind the spectators to the left and not visible from this angle.

fourrunner
07-30-03, 01:31 PM
Looks Stupid & Dangerous with potential injuries to the people standing on the side.

There is always hope that the end of this Moron's Biking Adventures, came when he became a Human Shish Kabob on that pole to the left.

I really don't see a good ending to this jump which just leads me to believe the picture is faked! :)

Wheel-Nut
07-30-03, 02:38 PM
I dug this up at velonews.com

Velonews (http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html)

Tour jumper
VeloNews managed to catch up with Kona freeride pro Dave Watson who was just back from an eventful excursion to France. After being approached by a French cycling magazine a month and a half ago, Watson pulled off a monumental stunt, actually jumping over the back half of the peloton during the Alp d'Huez stage of the Tour de France. Watson estimated that the jump, a road gap, was about 45 feet in distance.

"I had to come in from a funky angle because there were some police in the way," Watson explained. "And I had to time it just right because I didn't want to go in front of the riders and spook them. It was a group of about 15 and I went over right at the end of the group."

Watson added that he had to brake check ever so slightly right before take-off, and that caused him to come up about a foot short on the landing.

"I aired it nice," he said. "But I got bucked and crashed pretty hard. It's a jump I could do 10 times in a row no problem, but there was just so much going on."

Asked what was the point of the jump, Watson said he "wanted to celebrate the progression of cycling. We're in a rad sport and I wanted to do something to help get it to the masses. Whether people think I'm a hero or a zero, I don't care. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the only person in jeopardy was me."