PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to.....

mapguy
07-29-03, 02:01 PM
David Tennyson? (I hope I spelled his last name correctly). He raced in IMSA in the Camel Lights and, latterly, the GTP class driving a Denon sponsored Spice-Buick (Chevy in the GTP Class). After IMSA fizzled he announced that he would be the official test driver for AJ Foyt Racing (this was before the tantrum). After that it was like he dropped off the face of the earth.

Anyone heard about him lately?

{edit} He's from Toronto.

lone_groover
07-29-03, 03:44 PM
He's writing a book with Stanley Dickens, and drinking lots of coffee with Drake Olson.

:)

mapguy
07-29-03, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
He's writing a book with Stanley Dickens, and drinking lots of coffee with Drake Olson.

That's a relief. I was worried that he was buried in Foyt's backyard.

RaceGrrl
07-29-03, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover

Drake Olson.... I'm surprised anyone else remembers him. I used to have a big crush on him, back in the day. :)

lone_groover
07-30-03, 11:40 AM
Oh REALLY? I'ts been a long while since I've taken a gander at him.

DaveL
07-30-03, 11:51 AM
Another David that dropped off the map is David Loring who was an excellent driver in the Camel Lights division of IMSA. When the Lights went away so did Loring. From what I understand, he was a bit of an oddball, but a darn good racer.

Peter Olivola
07-30-03, 09:45 PM
David Loring, as good as he is, is way past the age to be driving anything more than endurance races and vintage. He was crew chief for a Mazda GTP car at the BRIC two weeks ago.

Originally posted by DaveL
Another David that dropped off the map is David Loring who was an excellent driver in the Camel Lights division of IMSA. When the Lights went away so did Loring. From what I understand, he was a bit of an oddball, but a darn good racer.

DaveL
07-30-03, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the update Peter. I was sure Loring was past the age of competing, but it's nice to see he is still involved in the sport.