PDA

View Full Version : New Chili's Babyback rib commercial...

Warlock!
01-16-03, 09:09 AM
I don't think there has ever been anyone in my entire life that has made me want to stomp the breath out of a person like that guy doin' the new Babyback ribs beat-box thing for Chili's. My fingers turn white as I try to squeeze the remote to another channel, I get short of breath, and I don't calm down for at least a couple minutes. Just thinking about it brings sweat to my brow. I will never go in to another Chili's restaurant because of it.

I hope they're happy...

Winter Warlock!

WickerBill
01-16-03, 09:15 AM
So you're saying it would be inappropriate for me to link to the commercial here? :p

WB

chop456
01-16-03, 09:29 AM
Haven't seen it yet.

It can't possibly be more annoying than that chick dancing in the car on that Mitsubishi commercial. That made me want to set fire to myself.

As far as Chili's: They're finally building one near my house and I can't wait. As far as crappy chain restaurants go, it's my favorite. Well, second favorite behind Carrabba's, but there aren't any of those within 200 miles of my house.

Anyway, Chili's has something called Chicken Fried Chicken. It's not on the menu anymore, but they'll make it if you ask. It's a huge breaded and deep-fried chicken breast, smothered in white gravy, served with smashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Mmmmmmm, artery-clogging.

TrueBrit
01-16-03, 10:15 AM
Chopster..two words for you..Zoom Zoom...

:rofl:

Hardpoint
01-16-03, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chop456

It can't possibly be more annoying than that chick dancing in the car on that Mitsubishi commercial. That made me want to set fire to myself.

That whole line of commercials drove me nuts. They are still nowhere near as bad as anything that has that no-talent a$$-clown Carrottop in it.

Turn7
01-16-03, 12:24 PM
No...you all have it wrong.

That duck on the Aflack commercials is the most annoying thing in the world. There used to be some white ducks at our neighborhood park. However, I killed them all after I saw that series of commercials.

:D

JoeBob
01-16-03, 01:10 PM
What's a commercial?

-TiVo Owner

Turn7
01-16-03, 01:18 PM
This is a commercial....

http://www.adcritic.com/content/miller-catfight.html

Sometimes skipping them makes you miss some of televisions finest moments. :p

nrc
01-16-03, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
That's why I prefer TiVo's fast forward over 30 second skip - you see just enough to know whether there's something worth stopping and watching. Over and over. :)

Not to mention perfect slow motion and still frame, which comes in handy for, um, sports and stuff.

mnkywrch
01-16-03, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
This is a commercial....

http://www.adcritic.com/content/miller-catfight.html

You going to give us your login? ;)

(I hated it when AdCritic went off the air...)

Actually, TiVo's are nice... for instance, when you're watching sports through them and catch a funny commercial, you can watch it as many times as you want?

"TiVo is God's Machine" - Michael Powell, head of the FCC :D

JoeBob
01-16-03, 01:45 PM
I'm a fastforwarder, my wife loves the 30 second skip.

The instant-replay and slow-mothion buttons sure have found some interesting usage, thats for sure!

WickerBill
01-17-03, 12:04 PM
So what does everyone think of the Jordan vs. Jordan commercial?

WB

chop456
01-17-03, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill

WB

I haven't seen that one, either. I'd have to say Jordan's Nike commercials have been some of the best, though. The Spike Lee "Mars Blackmon" ones were great. IMO, the best one was the super bowl ad where Jordan was making his comeback in disguise, playing on different bush leage teams, wearing a giant afro among other things.

Oh and BTW, Mike needs to retire.

Hardpoint
01-17-03, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill

WB

There pretty good, but simply don't compare to the two Miller Lite chicks having lunch.

WickerBill
01-17-03, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by GoBuckeyes
There pretty good, but simply don't compare to the two Miller Lite chicks having lunch.

Hey GoBuckeyes, don't be sexist... those babes should not be called chicks. Get with it.

:)

WB

oddlycalm
01-21-03, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
I don't think there has ever been anyone in my entire life that has made me want to stomp the breath out of a person like that guy doin' the new Babyback ribs beat-box thing for Chili's. My fingers turn white as I try to squeeze the remote to another channel

Warlock, I hear you buddy. Certain commercials make me want to drag the witless fool that produced it out behind my place and have a little target practice with a 12 guage pump, or sight in my .358 Winchester magnum... :D

See the Tivo thread. No need to ever watch another commercial. A PVR cost a few bucks, but avoiding all that wear and tear on your mind is well worth the price. I haven't watched a commercial at home in a long, long time. ReplayTV even has a button that indexes forward in 30 second increments.

oc

mnkywrch
01-21-03, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by oddlycalm
ReplayTV even has a button that indexes forward in 30 second increments.

So does TiVo (http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,57178,00.html).

oddlycalm
01-22-03, 09:19 AM
Cool, thanks Wrench. To quote Johnny Carson, "I did not know that". The wife is real pleased to know that. I rarely watch in that room, so I rarely use the Tivo in there.

oc