PDA

View Full Version : What?! Nothing About the Dyson MG/Lola???

Jag_Warrior
07-28-03, 01:10 PM
I'm ashamed of you people! :shakehead

Don't tell me you were watching the IRL race or NASCAR while this was on. :flame:

The little Dyson car was crazy fast and finally showed what LMP675 was capable of. It was a pretty decent race with good action. But what was with the brake-check by the Audi at the end on my Doran-Lista boys?! :thumdown:

mapguy
07-28-03, 01:31 PM
I spent the afternoon patching the floor in the basement.

Having said that. I have to give Kudos to fellow upstate New Yorker Dyson and his team for being the first team to beat the Audi's. The fact that they did it in an 675 is all the more impressive.

:thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
07-28-03, 01:38 PM
OK then, I guess that's a pretty good excuse.

But I think the IRL was on at the same time. If my road racing kin know more about that IRL race than the ALMS race, I'm going to call for them to undergo Kool-Aid testing. I've seen it done before and it ain't pretty. Rubber gloves and KY... :eek:

cart7
07-28-03, 01:58 PM
It's good to see them hang in there with the car. They had quite a time sorting through the steering problems last year on that unbelievably fast car.

pchall
07-28-03, 01:59 PM
I didn't want to post a spoiler for those who couldn't see the ALMS race. I enjoyed the race enough that I will be skimming through the race to catch the highlights again this afternoon.

Too bad LMP675 isn't better supported. I actually like that class better than LMP900.

DaveL
07-28-03, 03:18 PM
I caught the final 30 minutes of the race. The battle between Timo Berhard and Lucas Luhr was fun to watch.

Sears Point is a tight track with no long straights so the 900s never got a chance to stretch their legs.

FCYTravis
07-28-03, 06:58 PM
Best experience of the race weekend: Displaying the blue flag at Flags 8A to the Champion Audi R8 as it was lapped by Weaver in the Dyson MG Lola.

A 900 gets lapped by a 675 - Is that the seventh rider of the apocalypse?

:D

Sweet, sweet revenge - finally, the Audi juggernaut is defeated and in grand style.

I'm now a true-blue Dyson fan, and look forward to seeing them at Laguna in September.

Napoleon
07-31-03, 06:04 PM
I tuned in while prepping dinner for the day. It was an interesting race.

nissan gtp
07-31-03, 09:26 PM
sorry Jag ... you are CORRECT SIR !!!! :D

I have the whole thing in the ole tivo and will be watching it all ... only saw a bit of it live.

675's are awesome .... I'm going to RA in August and can't wait !!

by the way, how are the rotary webbers going ?

Climber
07-31-03, 10:20 PM
The Audi goes down...but, would that have happened to the factory team?

Jag_Warrior
08-02-03, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by nissan gtp
sorry Jag ... you are CORRECT SIR !!!! :D

I have the whole thing in the ole tivo and will be watching it all ... only saw a bit of it live.

675's are awesome .... I'm going to RA in August and can't wait !!

by the way, how are the rotary webbers going ?

Thank you for asking. A series of 60 hour weeks sort of ate into the "important" things I needed to be doing. :laugh: But I've arranged for use of a machining center for a few hours today. I'm going to make a throttle cable hold-down/plate, and that should be the last bit that I need.

I'm thinking about just putting the Mikuni back on though. That Weber is just too pretty to put on... looks better setting on my desk. :gomer:

I enjoyed that ALMS race (especially the result). And Climber, Joest is/was the factory team. They're a very classy and professional bunch. But they got beaten by some true privateers. Great job, Dyson. :thumbup: