PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the singers

Lizzerd
07-28-03, 01:23 AM
The two ladies in the RCMP garb that sang the "The Star Spangled Banner" and "Oh Canada" today were awesome. Very very well done.

One of my pet peeves is a poorly done anthem, especially one where artistic liberties are taken to jazz it up or personalize it. These always end up being nothing more than a hatchet job to something that should be considered somethng more than just a song.

flobee1kenobi
07-28-03, 12:37 PM
I see your point, but you need to listen to the blues traveler version of the SSB. It may be jazzed up a little bit, but the big finish makes you want to jump up and down waving the American flag!:p

Kate
07-29-03, 07:02 AM
I didn't hear the opening anthems, but if they were the same duet that sang for the Podium ceremony, I agree == very well done! And they knew the words and everything. If we're going to have these anthems, we should treat them with respect.

fourrunner
07-29-03, 06:01 PM
The RCMP versions were done beautifully!

My Favorite to date was the version sung by Michelle Branch at the Baseball Allstar Game! Very Simply and sweetly done, with the only accompaniment being a Viola played wonderfully. She should record it & release it for other events to use at their gatherings!