PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS! BE NICE, PEOPLE!

Lizzerd
07-27-03, 06:16 PM
None till tonight, okay? I "watched" on T&S and audio, but lots of people probably didn't.

Just offering a suggestion...

Gurneyflap
07-27-03, 11:05 PM
No spoiler here but I was just wondering what all the whiners HERE, who were complaining about all the whiners THERE, think of yet ANOTHER late ruling? Was it consistant? Inconsistant? Fair? Correct? I've seen a whole bunch of CART starts, never saw one like that! The wheels haven't fallen off, but they sure seem to be wobbling a bit. Interesting weekend.

JT265
07-27-03, 11:19 PM
Late and/or inconsistent rulings suck, and take the series to a lower bush leaque level, regardless of who wins or loses in the ruling or lack of.

Enough whine for ya?

Hink
07-27-03, 11:53 PM
That start was ridiculous. The Barber Dodge cars have really nice alignment. The "Champ" cars never do.

Ankf00
07-28-03, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Hink
That start was ridiculous. The Barber Dodge cars have really nice alignment. The "Champ" cars never do.

it's what happens when your elite used to be midfield your midfield used to be backmarkers and your backmarkers were lucky to buy a feeder series ride

nrc
07-28-03, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
No spoiler here but I was just wondering what all the whiners HERE, who were complaining about all the whiners THERE, think of yet ANOTHER late ruling? Was it consistant? Inconsistant? Fair? Correct? I've seen a whole bunch of CART starts, never saw one like that! The wheels haven't fallen off, but they sure seem to be wobbling a bit. Interesting weekend.

I don't care about late rulings as long as they get them right. The starter shouldn't have thrown the flag, but you couldn't tell that from the TV angles until 15 minutes after the start when they finally showed the angle that showed the green flag waving with Bruno already well past.

Gurneyflap
07-28-03, 10:13 AM
Uh, huh. And instant replay often shows the umpire misses calls. Let's just go back a few innings and change the score, or give an extra out. How do you UNthrow a green flag? Ask CART! See, the world KNOWS Tracy was faster, but could he pass the leader on that track? Crikey, talk about managed racing! Now we're so afraid to live with mistakes we go ahead and make MORE hoping THAT will fix things! Scary.

Hink
07-28-03, 12:14 PM
That's not a bad point. There is an element of "the old lady that swallowed the fly" in a late call, isn't there?

eric1
07-28-03, 12:33 PM
How many times has Tracy jumped the start? Whineritis? it looks like the mask didnt help keep it from Tracy.:flame: :flame: :flame:

RaceGrrl
07-28-03, 12:37 PM
That may be true, Eric, but if they really are trying to correct the start-jumping, then you can't fault them for making it right even if PT happens to be the beneficiary of the decision. It does seem that race control wants to make the right calls after so many bad calls last year.

Ruben Barrios
07-28-03, 01:51 PM
blah, blah blah, PT tracy got the call this week.

mapguy
07-28-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ruben Barrios

{edit} Decided to let this one go.

JT265
07-28-03, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ruben Barrios

as a Canadian, I'm glad to see BC's largest export is still enjoyed around the world.

JoeBob
07-28-03, 03:16 PM
I'm surprised that CART told Bruno to let PT by. In my family room, the suggestion was to assess a penalty during Bruno's next pit stop, holding him for how ever many seconds he was ahead of PT at start/finish.

Which brings me back to the posts in the standing starts thread. Why not make the rule "hold pace lap speed until the green flag is displayed." That way, the starter starts the race. As it is now, the starter doesn't start the race - he just judges the start.