PDA

View Full Version : Dale Coyne Racing Rocks!

pchall
07-27-03, 04:10 PM
Two cars out on the pace laps?
Must be a new record!!!

:rofl:

Hink
07-28-03, 12:10 AM
When was the last time in any major racing series where a team qualified two cars yet none started?

RTKar
07-28-03, 12:24 AM
Makes Minardi look like world beaters...so how much do tire warmers cost versus carbon fiber and repair?

Dirty Sanchez
07-28-03, 12:45 AM
I was driving north back to Chicago on I-55 today... stuck for about an hour, crawling at 20mph. Just before I got to where's Coyne's shop is located the interstate was almost completely flooded, causing the delays. I'm sure he is somehow to blame... :gomer: :p

Dr. Corkski
07-28-03, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Hink
When was the last time in any major racing series where a team qualified two cars yet none started? Minardi, last year at Barcelona. Sauber at Interlagos 2000. Both had qualified but withdrew after their wings started flying off.

Hink
07-28-03, 03:34 PM
Thanks DR Z. I forgot about the frightening wing failures.

FCYTravis
07-29-03, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by RTKar
Makes Minardi look like world beaters...so how much do tire warmers cost versus carbon fiber and repair? Coyne doesn't need tire warmers... he needs race car drivers, instead of those pathetic insults to the series that are warming his seats now.

Kate
07-29-03, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Hink
When was the last time in any major racing series where a team qualified two cars yet none started?

Actually I recall a couple of Stewart Fords (the precursors of Jaguar Racing) bursting into flames on the starting grid in Formula One. There was a great cartoon in Autosport showing Rubens and Johnny having a weiner roast and Johnny complaining that Rubens' weiners were larger than his!

RTKar
07-29-03, 06:56 AM
I think the first F1 race this year, both Toyota's fell out very early with the same problem, they may have made a couple laps though.

Kate
07-29-03, 07:04 AM
Didn't the former Gil de Ferran hit the wall on a pace lap once?

Dirty Sanchez
07-29-03, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RTKar
I think the first F1 race this year, both Toyota's fell out very early with the same problem, they may have made a couple laps though. Oz GP: da Matta spun off on lap 7 after missing the braking zone (no mechanical problems). Panis retired on lap 31 with a fuel pressure problem.

Audi_A4
07-29-03, 10:42 AM
damn, they suck!

Hink
07-29-03, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Kate
Didn't the former Gil de Ferran hit the wall on a pace lap once?

Not sure but he did loop it in Motegi in 1999.

Climber
07-29-03, 10:31 PM
My favorite DNF: Roberto Guerro in the '92 Indianapolis 500. He crashed on the pace lap - from the pole. At least Coyne's guys didn't qualify well.

RTKar
07-29-03, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Crapus
Oz GP: da Matta spun off on lap 7 after missing the braking zone (no mechanical problems). Panis retired on lap 31 with a fuel pressure problem.

There was something in the latest RACER about both Toyota's dropping out due to a fuel vaporization problem (?) but I don't recall the race...

ncmlj
07-30-03, 05:00 PM
so how much do tire warmers cost versus carbon fiber and repair?

If you can't drive the car, get out of the seat! Oh yes the mighty dollar I forget.