PDA

View Full Version : Arootyism

Lizzerd
07-27-03, 03:45 PM
The irl airguns turn at "1000 RPM per second".

Man, I miss those guys... NOT!

scanman
07-27-03, 04:10 PM
Now thats funny....:rofl:

pchall
07-27-03, 04:13 PM
Arute is just that good! Beechler good!

JoeBob
07-27-03, 05:29 PM
He was also pretty funny when he said that they didn't need seats, because all the fans were on their feet. ABC cut to a shot of the stands, where everybody was sitting quietly.

Racewriter
07-27-03, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
He was also pretty funny when he said that they didn't need seats, because all the fans were on their feet. ABC cut to a shot of the stands, where everybody was sitting quietly.

I loved that one!

Of course, it's not like there were many people in the stands to get excited, anyway...

RTKar
07-27-03, 07:21 PM
I was surprised that Page mentioned Cosworth, needless to say though, that there was no mention of the politics involved in the decision to allow a mid season rule change. Did you notice on the little graphic, when they showed Hornish, ABC didn't show RPM's for the Gen IV Chevy? (although they didn't show them for any engine.... don't they usually?)

Ankf00
07-27-03, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
The irl airguns turn at "1000 RPM per second".

Man, I miss those guys... NOT!
his brain's turned at 1000 RPM per decade for the past few years.

Gurneyflap
07-27-03, 10:41 PM
All too funny and true, but are you all afraid to say it?...Good safe race, great finish, pleasing winner after near disaster, lots for fans to appreciate. I loved Schecter's comments, something like..."This was ridiculous. This needs to be a 100 mile race. I was sideways, etc. etc."...didn't sound at all pleased. Think he'll be happier when they go road racing? Foyt hates the idea, Penske is chomping at the bit just waiting for it, and Robin Miller is floating venues like Long Beach, Mexico City, Cleveland....Ah, me!

RaceGrrl
07-27-03, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gurneyflap
All too funny and true, but are you all afraid to say it?...Good safe race, great finish, pleasing winner after near disaster, lots for fans to appreciate.

I'm sure tens of fans appreciated it. I'm not a fan, therefore I do not appreciate it. Nothing about Crapcar racing to appreciate, IMO

Ankf00
07-27-03, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
All too funny and true, but are you all afraid to say it?...Good safe race, great finish, pleasing winner after near disaster, lots for fans to appreciate. I loved Schecter's comments, something like..."This was ridiculous. This needs to be a 100 mile race. I was sideways, etc. etc."...didn't sound at all pleased. Think he'll be happier when they go road racing? Foyt hates the idea, Penske is chomping at the bit just waiting for it, and Robin Miller is floating venues like Long Beach, Mexico City, Cleveland....Ah, me!

today's special: chutney squishy.

sorry, just cuz you like it and some ppl hate it yet still watch cuz they're tards doesnt mean i have to watch or appreciate or admit i appreciate just out of some level of courtesy to hide under a guise so as not to appear an arsehole by default

:)

thank you, come again, have a nice day.

cart7
07-28-03, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
All too funny and true, but are you all afraid to say it?...Good safe race, great finish, pleasing winner after near disaster, lots for fans to appreciate.
If you're into the whole manufactured side-by-side spectacle then you would've needed a smoke after that one. As for me, it's just as contrived as the Cart Hankford races there, visual eye candy but pretty boring after a few laps. The only differance was, Cart's Hankford races were necessary due to the inability to slow the 2.65 engine down, the earl chose the high downforce package on purpose to create this spectacle. A bunch of meaningless lead changes with a bunch more meaningless passes for position in the pack. Always looks like a plate race to me.

Oh, it was good to see Alex win.

TRDfan
07-28-03, 09:21 AM
I thought some people might enjoy another of my son's quotes.

"Why are there no people there ?"

(after showing a segment with empty stands)

cart7
07-28-03, 09:58 AM
30k according to the USA Today.

JoeBob
07-28-03, 10:33 AM
I did a doubletake the first few times I saw the two element rear wings. Talk about downforace!

But, running the road course setup everywhere but Indy keeps that track in position as fastest in the series.

If they were allowed to trim the cars out everywhere they went, I wonder how many tracks would be faster than Indy. Michigan, Fontana and Texas for sure. Probably the other cookie cutters too.

Racewriter
07-28-03, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by cart7
30k according to the USA Today.

Charitable.

Turn7
07-28-03, 11:24 AM
The Cup cars were running, no need to tune in to Mickey vision to watch the Formula Revision.

pchall
07-28-03, 01:03 PM
That nonsense put me to sleep --- it's a good thing I woke up in time to check out the ALMS race on NBC and follow CART audio and T&S.

Ankf00
07-28-03, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pchall
That nonsense put me to sleep --- it's a good thing I woke up in time to check out the ALMS race on NBC and follow CART audio and T&S.
you're just being lazy, aren't there papers for you to fail lying around somewhere? ;)

Gurneyflap
07-28-03, 07:36 PM
Wow. There IS life on this forum! Way to go. I don't think we need to define who or what a race fan is (AGAIN! A "TRUE" race fan?)...all I know is I saw parts of the Michigan race, flipped to CRASHCAR once in a while, REALLY enjoyed the overhead shots at Sear...uh, Infinion, had live T&S and audio from Vancouver on the ol' hp and even stayed awake to watch JK and Robin on RPM! Nice weekend. So, what am I again? One of them "trool loosers"? See some of you at Road America, and I'll probably be at Milwaukee next June AND July, too! Just shoot me.

WickerBill
07-28-03, 07:46 PM
And I think we need to talk about the topic and not get into a meat matching contest.

lone_groover
07-29-03, 03:54 PM
Q: Sam, how many "debris" yellows you gonna need to keep with the lead pack......and have enought fuel to finish?

A: Dunno; uno, dos, tres, cuatro....
http://www.salon.com/people/rewind/1999/08/21/samsham/samsham.jpg

;)

Napoleon
07-31-03, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Charitable.

Very. I scanned through a tape I made last night and they may have had 30k butt cheeks, but thats it.

JT265
07-31-03, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Very. I scanned through a tape I made last night and they may have had 30k butt cheeks, but thats it.

I put AJ and Sarah Fissure down for 6, K Nap? ;)