PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for tomorrow

Sean O'Gorman
07-27-03, 12:12 AM
Superbikes at Mid-Ohio. :D :thumbup:

I heard today's race was the best all year, too bad I was stuck at work all day. I don't follow motorcycle racing too closely because I don't have a motorcycle, but this I can't deny that this is always the most exciting weekend of the year at Mid-Ohio. Check it out on SPEED at 2:30 PM.

WickerBill
07-27-03, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
I don't follow motorcycle racing too closely because I don't have a motorcycle

Do you have a champcar? I don't have one of those, but I still follow the sport. ;)

JT265
07-27-03, 12:29 AM
To SeanO and the Boss,

I'll loan you my '99 Reynard and my Ferrari 512B, just so you guys can feel more involved in your sport of choice.

Also, if you have the munchies, hit a Krogers and GO FOR THE MUSHROOMS!!!

:rofl: :thumbup:

Treeface
07-27-03, 01:27 AM
Matt Mladin and Kurtis Roberts went back and forth on the last lap 4 or 5 times. Roberts ran out of talent in T8 while leading and low sided it. Suzuki beats Honda at a Honda "home" track. Great stuff.

cartmanoz
07-27-03, 03:03 AM
Ah, an Aussie (Mladin) beating all the Yanks. I feel so proud!:D

Dr. Corkski
07-27-03, 05:04 AM
Caught the last few laps right before Champ Car qualifying. Good stuff. :thumbup:

lone_groover
07-27-03, 12:22 PM
250GP from Germany just ended - congrats Robby - with 600SS from M.O. about to kick off. Later we've got MotoGP from Germany, LIVE Superbikes from M.O., World Endurance highlights from Spa....and BOTH rounds of the SBK World Championship from LimeyLand!

Taped CART tonight and lots of highlights/lowlights of the crunching CrapWagons at Brooklyn.

I LOVE me some SPEED!

:)

Ankf00
07-27-03, 12:46 PM
Kurtis Roberts actually competed? whoaaaaaaaaaa. that's a first. Mladin needs to move up to world or motogp, he got hosed his first motogp stint and has been stuck here tearing everyone a new one since.

Sean O'Gorman
07-27-03, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Do you have a champcar? I don't have one of those, but I still follow the sport. ;)

Yeah, but I bet with the right amount of training, I could drive one. I could never even think to do any sort of motorcycle racing. :o :)

Great day at the track, nothing like the 3 Bs (bikes, babes, beer...well, at least 1 of the 3 for me :) ). The Formula Xtreme race was the best one of the day (aired Tuesday?). As good as the Superbikes were, there was a higher attrition rate than I remember in years past, so that was second best race.

cartmanoz
07-28-03, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
250GP from Germany just ended - congrats Robby - with 600SS from M.O. about to kick off. Later we've got MotoGP from Germany, LIVE Superbikes from M.O., World Endurance highlights from Spa....and BOTH rounds of the SBK World Championship from LimeyLand!

All three events from Sachsenring were superb. In the 125s, Stefano Perugini rode his race to perfection, although Casey Stoner was unlucky not to get a challenge in over the final lap. Daniel Pedrosa continues to pile up the points, while Steve Jenkner could have lost any hope of the championship with his fall.

About time Roby Rolfo won a 250cc race, and it was the first win for Honda since the late Daijiro Kato won at Jacarapagua in 2001. Meanwhile, Manuel Poggiali has really lost his head of late, and now the top 3 are separated by only 7 points.

In MotoGP, Sete Gibernau has now won 4 races to Rossi's 3, and if not for his fall at Jerez, would certainly be right on Rossi's tail in the championship. Who would have thought this would be happening pre-season? It was a superb ride by Sete, well-judged affair, and he's now beaten Rossi in all three conditions - dry, wet and in-between. Biaggi blew any chance of victory by falling off, while Bayliss proved Ducati are just as good on slow circuits as fast. The KR3 Modenas probably had it's last ever run, but McWilliams was still able to put the bike second on the grid.

The WSBK put on a great show at Brands Hatch. 'Shakey' Byrne won both races, and as usual BSB riders figured prominently in the results. Hodgson had a chance to take the title but failed to beat Xaus in the second race to claim the title.