PDA

View Full Version : PT needs to DRIVE

Turn7
07-26-03, 04:45 PM
All of the theatrics and talking needs to stop and just drive the car. Wearing a mask and saying he doesn't want to catch whineritis, ect.

Let the owners do the talking and he needs to do what he was hired to do, drive no more, no less.

lone_groover
07-26-03, 05:13 PM
He called PIMPSKI, MIKEY, DIARRHEA, and ANTON HOLIO GEORGE: THESE GREAT MEN.

Fat pig.....:p :p :p :p :p :p

rocket
07-26-03, 05:42 PM
Looks like that's what he's doin'...drivin' you know:D

Love it man

Warlock!
07-26-03, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
He called PIMPSKI, MIKEY, DIARRHEA, and ANTON HOLIO GEORGE: THESE GREAT MEN.
Yeah... that was jive. Forsythe shoulda come down and punched him in the adams apple for that crap. Of course, the fat pig comment doesn't really work any more...

However, on the track he kicked ass. Waytago, PT...

Warlock!

rocket
07-26-03, 05:50 PM
BoooYaah gets the pole twice in one weekend:D

Ruben Barrios
07-26-03, 06:11 PM
Can't complain about his speed, but his words and acctions do leave a lot to be desired. I hope he gets fined for his statements.

He made an @ss of himself and CART

nrc
07-26-03, 07:19 PM
I'm sure Roger will have a Crapwagon warmed up for him in Brookland tomorrow if Paul wants to make the flight.

If Tracy really empathizes with that lot then it's only because he, like them, is putting his own personal interests ahead of those of the sport and the fans who have supported him.

After seeing the incident in question and hearing about the circumstances there's no question that the penalty was justified. There was no earthly reason for Tracy to continue that lap instead of pulling into the pits and letting Tagz go.

Dr. Corkski
07-26-03, 07:41 PM
What I find amusing is that PT inadvertently admitted that he is beating up on a weak field.

nrc
07-26-03, 09:27 PM
I think Paul is trying to keep his team motivated. He hit a real slump when they became the favorite early on so now he's got to go back to being the bad boy. If they're going to fine him it should only be a dollar since a real fine would only play into his act.

JT265
07-26-03, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by nrc
I'm sure Roger will have a Crapwagon warmed up for him in Brookland tomorrow if Paul wants to make the flight.

If Tracy really empathizes with that lot then it's only because he, like them, is putting his own personal interests ahead of those of the sport and the fans who have supported him.

After seeing the incident in question and hearing about the circumstances there's no question that the penalty was justified. There was no earthly reason for Tracy to continue that lap instead of pulling into the pits and letting Tagz go.

At the risk of being flamed, and not seeing the "jive live", I can tell you straight up that there ain't any love lost between Paul and Penske. Seems that PT is in the middle of every controversy this year, but strangely it's the same three guys usually doing the whining.

Strange deal that none of them could catch the slow car today. That would be the one that always blocks the "lap that would have put me on top of the speed charts".

Way to go Paully! :cool:

manic mechanic
07-26-03, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JT265
At the risk of being flamed, and not seeing the "jive live", I can tell you straight up that there ain't any love lost between Paul and Penske. Seems that PT is in the middle of every controversy this year, but strangely it's the same three guys usually doing the whining.

Strange deal that none of them could catch the slow car today. That would be the one that always blocks the "lap that would have put me on top of the speed charts".

Way to go Paully! :cool:

If that were truly the case, why did Manning slow Bruno .5 sec on a flyer?
Tracy also caught a Coyne car at a bad spot (Salles) and Salles got his fast lap (oxymoron) thrown out.

Tracy may be one of the more talented drivers, but his decorum is (and always has been) lacking. There is a time and place to voice every concern..This instance was neither the time or place, professionally speaking.

manic

JT265
07-26-03, 11:59 PM
Sorry manic, by slow car I meant PT. He went early, set fast time so no one could blame their lack of performance on him blocking, yet none of the usual suspects could match his time on a faster track. And as long as they admin the rules evenly, I'll be the 1st one to call him out if he whines about nothing.

And while I agree that Paul's decorum is lacking at times, it does seem to me that CART has been ragging him harder than most. A fine of 15 large for showing at the press conference in shorts at the Rock and Roll HOF in 100+ heat seems a little harsh, in my view.

(Unless Chris trimmed his beard prior, of course. ;) )

Ankf00
07-27-03, 12:42 PM
showing at the press conference in shorts
says it all, who does that? other than the WWF of course...
it certainly doesn't say they're ragging on him harder

nrc
07-27-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by manic mechanic
If that were truly the case, why did Manning slow Bruno .5 sec on a flyer?

The rule only requires you to yield if you're not on a flyer. .5 seconds down would probably be a flyer for a Reynard.

The problem is not cars catching other cars on a fast lap. The problem is people driving around with their thumb up their butt (per Tommy Kendall).

JT265
07-27-03, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
says it all, who does that? other than the WWF of course...
it certainly doesn't say they're ragging on him harder

So a suit and tie would be more appropriate? Show me where anyone else has beened fined $15,000 for nonsense like this.

And BTW, the "shorts" weren't of the average grunge variety ala Jacque$$$ Villenueve either.

Oh, and it was over 100 degrees, now I realize to those of you in Houston that this would equate to a warm spring day, but to a Canadian this is hot.

Real hot.

JT265
07-27-03, 06:10 PM
PT needs to DRIVE

And he did. :thumbup:

scanman
07-27-03, 06:53 PM
God, yah gotta luv it.....

But wait a min. he did Dnuts on the track
while others were racin for the line....
I smell a violation here..;)

Ankf00
07-27-03, 09:23 PM
So a suit and tie would be more appropriate? Show me where anyone else has beened fined $15,000 for nonsense like this.

And BTW, the "shorts" weren't of the average grunge variety ala Jacque$$$ Villenueve either.

Oh, and it was over 100 degrees, now I realize to those of you in Houston that this would equate to a warm spring day, but to a Canadian this is hot.

Real hot.

and a press conference is still a press conference. and there's a hell of alot between shorts and a full on suit you can wear, so please, ease up on the extremes. Fines are the only recourse CART has on such activities so that's what they did, PT's problem, not mine. Hell, I'd love to walk into anything wearing shorts and sandals, other ppl dislike it, ppl who have authoritative positions concerning myself, and as a result, I end up wearing semi-formal and formal attire when required. I deal, PT can too. boo frikkin hoo.

Hink
07-28-03, 12:00 AM
Bottom line - when it comes to his attire his sponsor supports him.

That's all that counts.

Did I walk all the way down to turn 1 from between 6 & 7 with 15 laps to go to see the donuts up close? You bet.