PDA

View Full Version : PT's at it again!

JAM26
07-25-03, 07:18 PM
Dominating in front of the Canadian fans. Well, perhaps it wasn't a *dominating* performance but it looks like Team Players is on the ball again.
I'd love to see a repeat of TO! Go Paul!:thumbup:

RaceGrrl
07-25-03, 09:25 PM
:yawn:

My boy Servia is looking good and Manning was impressive in 7th in a Reynard. Somebody get that kid a Lola!

Audi_A4
07-25-03, 10:23 PM
Manning has impressed ever since his first start last year

Dr. Corkski
07-26-03, 05:02 AM
It's a lot easier for Punt Tracy to dominate in qualifying when he makes his car wider than his arse. ;)

Race Dog 99
07-26-03, 09:43 AM
Now I know how the whiners feel.

Last week I was cruising through MI trying to make it from Detroit to Chicago in under 4 and those damn semis keep pulling out the whole damn way!!!!!

Gurneyflap
07-26-03, 10:19 AM
Yeah. Ain't it great how they can take up to 10 miles to complete a pass!? Zoom!

devilmaster
07-26-03, 10:41 AM
Not as annoying as the car drivers out there who stay on their cruise control while making a similar pass..... at usually 1 mile per hour faster than the truck they're passing...

:shakehead

Steve

JT265
07-26-03, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Not as annoying as the car drivers out there who stay on their cruise control while making a similar pass..... at usually 1 mile per hour faster than the truck they're passing...

:shakehead

Steve

That is exactly the problem with 18 wheelers as well, Steve. I can set the ECM in a truck to run whatever I want (I don't tho' ;)), the big Co.'s do, so you have a long procession, one tops out at 63, the one passing can manage ALMOST 64, and the race is on. Kinda like a rev-limited, managed competition sort of deal.

(sure hope no one gets the idea to do that in big leaque racing anytime soon.) :D

Of course, that being said, the dork with the 64MPH truck really needs to get outta the way of the procession he/she is holding up.

Gurneyflap
07-26-03, 10:52 AM
That, too! I don't want to get into a truckdriver/cardriver dispute...I've seen too much poor judgement from ALL to form anything more than very WIDE generalities.

devilmaster
07-26-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by JT265
That is exactly the problem with 18 wheelers as well, Steve. I can set the ECM in a truck to run whatever I want (I don't tho' ;)), the big Co.'s do, so you have a long procession, one tops out at 63, the one passing can manage ALMOST 64, and the race is on. Kinda like a rev-limited, managed competition sort of deal.

(sure hope no one gets the idea to do that in big leaque racing anytime soon.) :D

Of course, that being said, the dork with the 64MPH truck really needs to get outta the way of the procession he/she is holding up.

JT - I don't diasgree, its just i'm a little (really little) more accepting of trucks doing it, if for no other reason, I am more aware of the acceleration and speed limits of your standard car. And of course the fact that most truck drivers are professional drivers and as they do it almost every day, are better highway drivers and more understanding than your average yahoo driving the highways and biways.

I used to drive 3 ton trucks in the military that were governed at 103 kph. I could get to 110 if I had a tail wind (canvas covering the bed ) and going downhill ;)

I tried to be aware, that if I was going to pass a truck going a little slower, I waited till I had some free room behind me to pass him. I sometimes still got caught by the guy doing 150, but he should slow down anyways :D

Steve

JT265
07-26-03, 11:11 AM
Good points Steve. As a "purist" :D my problem the last few years is that with the industry suffering a shortage of drivers, $1000 and a recommendation from your parole officer and you are a truck driver.

That being said, traffic, weather, and life in general will weed out the bad ones over time. 20 years ago I would have defended the "professionalism" of a truck driver vehemently, but with the proliferation of 10 penny "schools" and rent-a-fool personnel companies, today not so much.

Oh, and about that slow 3 ton you were driving? You may have noticed a "wide" gear, somewhere between 1st and 5th, generally named "N".

Selecting that gear on a long downhill grade, preferably steeper than 8% will result in a tremendous increase in top speed. :cool:

devilmaster
07-26-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JT265
Oh, and about that slow 3 ton you were driving? You may have noticed a "wide" gear, somewhere between 1st and 5th, generally named "N".

Selecting that gear on a long downhill grade, preferably steeper than 8% will result in a tremendous increase in top speed. :cool:

Umm, JT - I did most of my driving in Southern Ontario..... i'm sure you'll agree there aren't many steep hills around here. :p :D

smarta$$ ;)

Steve

devilmaster
07-26-03, 11:17 AM
double post

Steve

JT265
07-26-03, 11:21 AM
Okay, DM, if you are talking about SouthWestern Ontario, well, game, set, match.

(sorry) :D

Option #2. You know the old ether bottles they would put on a diesel engine to enable cold weather starts? If you punched that button it was like nitrous on a gas engine.

WARNING: Repeated use of the ether bottle will result in rod bearings and related components scattering amongnst the flora and fauna.