PDA

View Full Version : Welcome KaBoom21

chop456
07-25-03, 01:45 PM
Another old school homeboy. :cool:

Always good to have another Chicagoan on board.

Welcome!

Dirty Sanchez
07-25-03, 02:04 PM
yo, yo, yo... ORD! :thumbup: :D

trubritz
07-25-03, 02:11 PM
boom boom shake shake the room!

welcome to the new old school!

KaBoom21
07-28-03, 02:06 PM
Thanks. Nice to see so many familiar people. Needed to find a racing site to discuss new music!

Just catching up with everything here and will try to make an RA gathering this year. My die-hard racing buddy from ATL just tore his bicep and won't be attending, so the guy thing is out and it looks like I'll be attending with my girlfriend.

BTW, saw both The Eels and Mars Volta last week at Metro. The Eels were effing phenomenal and Mars Volta was...intense.

Dirty Sanchez
07-28-03, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by KaBoom21
BTW, saw both The Eels and Mars Volta last week at Metro. The Eels were effing phenomenal and Mars Volta was...intense. Cool... I decided to keep it real and check out G.B.H. and Circle Jerks. It was stupid and fun... and I wasn't on the floor getting my eyes poked out by some 16 year old kid's mohawk.

RTKar
07-28-03, 06:19 PM
...us old folks always sit upstairs at the metro....seats, tables, and waitresses bring you beer....

Ankf00
07-28-03, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by KaBoom21
Thanks. Nice to see so many familiar people. Needed to find a racing site to discuss new music!

Just catching up with everything here and will try to make an RA gathering this year. My die-hard racing buddy from ATL just tore his bicep and won't be attending, so the guy thing is out and it looks like I'll be attending with my girlfriend.

BTW, saw both The Eels and Mars Volta last week at Metro. The Eels were effing phenomenal and Mars Volta was...intense.

niiiiiiiiiice.

Lizzerd
07-28-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
...us old folks always sit upstairs at the metro....seats, tables, and waitresses bring you beer....

This old geezer doesn't know who the heck Kaboom is talking about.

And, oh... welcome.

RTKar
07-28-03, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
This old geezer doesn't know who the heck Kaboom is talking about.

And, oh... welcome.

...lol...me either, used to go the Metro every now and then, as they say ... "back in the day"...

chop456
07-28-03, 10:56 PM
Well, since this thread has been sufficiently bent... :D

I didn't know until last week when someone told me about the Mars Volta/Sparta connection. I dig Sparta, but so far, The Mars Volta has been a little more than I can handle. I'm still trying to get Morphine, Big Hat and Mogwai. :D

The only time I saw Big Hat, the opened for the Pumpkins (at the Metro, of course), and I stood there looking like this :saywhat:

RTKar
07-28-03, 11:04 PM
Check out the band, "Treat Her Right", if you like Morphine it was a precursor. Saw them a couple of times but I don't remember where...maybe the Cubby Bear of all places...A good disc is, "Tied to the Tracks".

RaceChic
07-29-03, 09:34 AM
Welcome KaBoom21! And try not to pee in the pool! :laugh:

Warlock!
07-29-03, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by you guys
...The Eels and Mars Volta... Sparta... Morphine, Big Hat and Mogwai...

*plugging these names into Kazaa to see if you guys aren' just makin' em up...*

Warlock!

Ankf00
07-29-03, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
*plugging these names into Kazaa to see if you guys aren' just makin' em up...*

Warlock!
dude, the eels? c'mon, volta's new but the eels?!?

fogies. tsk. what would we do w/o em? :D

KaBoom21
07-29-03, 12:37 PM
The Eels were one of the best show I have ever seen, really. Some songs are completely different live vs. the record. They just flat-out rocked (I know, cliche, but what can I say?).

If you even like some of their stuff, check 'em out live. You will not be disappointed.