PDA

View Full Version : New toys for internet junkies during the Molson Indy Vancouver

devilmaster
07-24-03, 09:35 PM
Being a 'Molson Insider' (which means absolutely squat) but I got this email from them today....

Hey Insiders!

Here's a chance to experience the Molson Indy Vancouver on a whole new level. Because Molson Canadian has teamed up with Canada's Champ Car team to bring you real-time telemetry from both Patrick Carpentier and Paul Tracy's cars.

That's right. You get a live feed of vital race information, like gear selection, speed, lap times, throttle response, and in car audio. We suggest putting your computer in the same room as your TV (if it's not already) so you can simultaneously watch the broadcast AND tap into the live telemetry.

Here's where to get it. Logon Here (http://www.teamplayers.ca/Telemetry/?RefURL=www.iam.ca) for the live feed at 1:00 Pacific Standard Time* on race day (Sunday, July 27). Enter the PIN# 1961 and the Last Name "Molson".

Enjoy the new experience.

Steve

Barton
07-24-03, 09:39 PM
Isn't all of that already available on www.teamplayers.ca ?

devilmaster
07-24-03, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Barton
Isn't all of that already available on www.teamplayers.ca ?

I asked around in chat from the people who use it, and the response I kinda got was.... no, the list of items was more than usual....

I personally don't know.... So I offer the email to all.

Steve

RaceGrrl
07-25-03, 08:40 AM
What I use from the Players site is just the live car-to-pit audio. Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't think that there was telemetry available on that site.

Barton
07-25-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
What I use from the Players site is just the live car-to-pit audio. Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't think that there was telemetry available on that site.

They did just recently add a "Virtual cockpit" with telemetry data. Perhaps what is being offered by Molson is an improved version of this with more data and such?

I will be sure to check it out, though! Thanks to Steve for posting that info here. I like the virtual cockpit and hopefully this will be even better.