PDA

View Full Version : Earl Scores A BIG 0.3 for Nashville

sundaydriver
07-24-03, 02:39 PM
It's all going according to plan. The vision is working. Please do not adjust your TV sets.
:thumbup:

Classic Apex
07-24-03, 02:46 PM
0.3 ???

Dayum.

:D

SteveH
07-24-03, 03:07 PM
See what happens when they sell out a race, no one left at home to watch.

KLang
07-24-03, 03:11 PM
Strange, they don't seem to be discussing this over at TF. ;)

Chitowncartfreak
07-24-03, 04:08 PM
Statistically speaking, that may not be any different than zero! If it is, not by much.

racer2c
07-24-03, 04:12 PM
I thought Tony was fixin things? :confused:

Don Quixote
07-24-03, 04:16 PM
Now they will be saying that its butts in the seats that matter, not TV ratings. I can hear it already.

nz_climber
07-24-03, 06:43 PM
But didn't the other week they say its the all about having a large fan base at home watching tv that matters - having a few ppl at the stands was just a bonus!! :confused:

IlliniRacer
07-24-03, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Type-S
Strange, they don't seem to be discussing this over at TF. ;)

The ratings are so low because it doesn't take into fact all of the people in the jammed packed sports bars and resturants across the country that are showing the race. I guess this is why the Super Bowl ratings are in the tank every year

Of course, a certain member and expert CART finacial analyst doesn't believe it because he hasn't seen the numbers himself.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30489&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

DaveL
07-25-03, 12:20 AM
Good thing Tony fixed everything.

Turn13 can hold court about how great it is that we have an all-oval series with the 500 as its centerpiece.

Yup, that's what America was waiting for.

Eagle104
07-25-03, 02:19 AM
I thought they have it all now.

There's no excuse for this.

rabbit
07-25-03, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Eagle104
There's no excuse for this. Well, they are willing to settle for this TV package because, even though not that many people can get that channel, the qualifying and race coverage is superb. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice quantity for quality.:gomer:

Racewriter
07-25-03, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Eagle104
I thought they have it all now.

There's no excuse for this.

No, but there are reasons. You can't continually run off different portions of the fanbase, while never bringing on any new ones, and expect to survive.

cart7
07-25-03, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
No, but there are reasons. You can't continually run off different portions of the fanbase, while never bringing on any new ones, and expect to survive.
It's been interesting to say the least to watch more and more faithful become disenchanted over at TF over the direction of the league and then leave. If ever there was a racing series which didn't have the foggiest idea of who it was trying to sell itself to from one week to the next it's that one. They've changed the rules so many times most of the foundation fans are long gone.

Thank God the American tradition of Oval track racing by foreign road racers in Japanese powered cars was preserved by TG to live into infinity and beyond. Too bad no one will care.

pchall
07-25-03, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cart7
It's been interesting to say the least to watch more and more faithful become disenchanted over at TF over the direction of the league and then leave.

How long before TF becomes a forum with three moderators and Wilke as the only poster?

Racewriter
07-25-03, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by pchall
How long before TF becomes a forum with three moderators and Wilke as the only poster?

They're working on it. Posting traffic is down, and the number of hardcore posters is off, too. A year or two ago, there were NEVER topics from the previous day on the front IRL page by noon or so. There have been times recently where 2-day old topics remained up front.

It can't help that anything remotely resembling factual discussion gets shuttled off to Siberia (the Racing Business forum). Heck, Carl S posted a positive ratings topic, on NASCAR ratings, on the NASCAR forum. It only got two posts before it was transferred.

DaveL
07-25-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
They're working on it. Posting traffic is down, and the number of hardcore posters is off, too.

And? To Lemming that's called "growth".

Napoleon
07-26-03, 06:37 AM
Well I have done my part and not watched an IRL race outside of Indy, which I "watched" on a 4 or 5 inch TV while I worked on my car outside. I don't even know who has wone any IRL races outside of Indy (except I understand Dixon was/is on a tear).