PDA

View Full Version : CART and SpikeTV?

JoeBob
07-23-03, 03:26 PM
Interesting tidbit in the announcement of Viacom changing the name of TNN to Spike TV on Monday August 11th ( http://www.viacom.com/press.tin?ixPressRelease=80154028 )

As part of its branded debut, the network will introduce two new daily features. ‘CBS MarketWatch,’ one of the premier financial news outlets, will provide updates two times a day on the current state of world markets and the economy. Additionally, Spike TV will offer ‘Zero to Sixty,’ daily one-minute reports on the latest trends and news from the sleek, turbo-charged automotive industry.[b] Noted business reporter Bambi Francisco anchors ‘CBS Marketwatch’ updates. [b]Formula One racer Danica Patrick, one of the world's top female drivers, hosts ‘Zero to Sixty.’

Granted, they called Danica a Formula One racer, but it seems a little coincidental that she'll be doing daily reports on the "sleek, turbo-charged automotive industry."

Things that make you go hmm....

cart7
07-23-03, 09:22 PM
I guess they couldn't shake that whole Nashville network image the TNN stood for for so long.

But Spike TV? :eek: Has a kind of "Butchy" ring to it.

RaceGrrl
07-23-03, 10:29 PM
Yes it does, Cart7, but if it's Danica in the spiked collar instead of Tommy Kendall, I'm sure it will draw viewers. :)

lateralus42
07-23-03, 10:40 PM
I used to stick up for Speed, but now I cant stomach to watch it. So much crap on there now (other than CART and F1, but that is only a tiny fraction of theri schedule). Time for CART to find a new home.

pchall
07-23-03, 11:02 PM
A cable channel for men and their spikes.

Seems a reasonable thing after years of 'China Beach' repeats on Lifetime.