PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Money for all of '04.

racer2c
07-23-03, 01:07 PM
I guess whatshisname is right after all.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/7317/)

Well, as a 'public' company they have their work cut out for them.

Now if they privitized...

trubritz
07-23-03, 01:21 PM
Not such comforting reading, but there again it was unlikely that 2003 would ever start let alone finish, and guess what - it did.

I'd be more concerned if Q3 results showed no change from these.

JoeBob
07-23-03, 01:50 PM
This all assumes that there's no significant financial transaction before then.

FRANKY
07-23-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
I guess whatshisname is right after all.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/7317/)

Well, as a 'public' company they have their work cut out for them.

Now if they privitized...

The only thing that would happen if they "privitized" would be that we don't know how much money they have or don't have.

racer2c
07-23-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by FRANKY
The only thing that would happen if they "privitized" would be that we don't know how much money they have or don't have.

Hmm. I would think that if a group bought CART, they would make sure they had the funds to keep it going for a few seasons i.e. they're own money pool.

FRANKY
07-23-03, 02:52 PM
Hmm. I would think that if a group bought CART, they would make sure they had the funds to keep it going for a few seasons i.e. they're own money pool.

You'd think. I was just thinking about the second most attractive part of going private. No public reports. Can you imagine what IMS would have gone though publicizing numbers getting the IRL off the ground?

Back to topic, they had a heap of money, they lost a heap of money, they are going to lose heap more. You have to have pretty deep pockets in this game.

Turn7
07-23-03, 03:02 PM
Holy smokes it been nice knowing you folks.

I just got through looking at my bank statements and guess what?

I don't have enough money in there currently to cover my bills for the next year solid. I suppose that means that my time is up and I'm goning to die and fade away.

Oh well.

racer2c
07-23-03, 03:03 PM
Ain't that the truth. Trans Am must pay well!

racer2c
07-23-03, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Turn7

I don't have enough money in there currently to cover my bills for the next year solid. I suppose that means that my time is up and I'm goning to die and fade away.

Oh well.

Me too! I'm three paychecks away from being homeless! (heard that on the news the other day, that the average American was...)

pchall
07-23-03, 03:13 PM

Oh well.

Now, now... it's not fair to use humor that subtle on the folks who are susceptible to Forrest Bond style D&G. ;)

racer2c
07-23-03, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Now, now... it's not fair to use humor that subtle on the folks who are susceptible to Forrest Bond style D&G. ;)

You mean there are people who actually believe that guy? :eek:

devilmaster
07-23-03, 03:44 PM
You mean there are people who actually believe that guy? :eek:

There are a few tortured souls out there....

wilke and tara..... :p :laugh:

Steve

trubritz
07-23-03, 04:54 PM
The thing that interests me most at the moment is the lack of any word or comment from Jon Vannini. He was the one instrumental in getting Pook in, plus he owns 13% of CART.

Why is he being so quiet?

paper
07-23-03, 05:14 PM
thank you turn 7,, my thoughts exactly... paper

FRANKY
07-23-03, 05:44 PM

Oh well.

Lucky for you there is a difference between a person and a business. If all else fails, charge it.

http://www.f1news.ru/memuar/card/visa.gif

JoeBob
07-23-03, 06:43 PM
Businesses can borrow too.

baffle
07-23-03, 08:44 PM

Oh well.

as long as you're earning income in excess of your expenses, you'll be fine, but if a time ever comes when that's no longer the case, then you'll have to dip into your savings just like CART (MPH) did. let your expenses exceed your income for long enough and eventually you'll be homeless.

Barton
07-23-03, 08:53 PM
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Head for the hills! Wait, head away from the hills! Now, everyone run around in circles and pay homage to the almighty prophet and soothsayer Forrest Bond!

:rolleyes:

I'll be at St. Pete in February, and then I'll return home and watch the tape of it from the CBS broadcast. :) Hope to see many of you in my delightfully sunny state February 20-22, 2004! ;)

cart7
07-23-03, 09:19 PM
I'd like to suggest that WB try and deposit this thread over to the Racing Biz and financials board over at TF. It's a great place to dump these "The sky is falling" threads so they can be more thoroughly analyzed by Wilke for there validity. ;)

racer2c
07-23-03, 10:05 PM
Strange, somehow I feel like I and my thread are being labeled "Bond Worshipers" and a "chicken little thread". I've never read Bonds BS and couldn't even remember his name. Here, I thought you guys new me better. :rolleyes:

Speed posted the earnings report, and I brought the subject up, because in my opinion it's irrelevant in light of MPH being taken off the market. Of course there will be a CART next year and many years to come.

Come on people, try to keep up.:gomer:

JT265
07-24-03, 12:10 AM
Anybody that can stand it wanna head over to GooberForum and report back on the chortles of glee from the usual suspects?

I would imagine that wilke will be sooooooooooooooooooo pleased that he will run right out and buy some floor dry, a fan, and a 100 watt light bulb to try and take away the dank mildew and odour that emits from that sorry basement room where he spends his time pouring over old CART financials and gazing at dog-eared photos of old Novis and such.

Oh, and Barton, I'll hook up with ya at St. Pete in Feb. paper is buying the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds, but DON'T tell anyone, 'cause it's a secret. :cool:

nrc
07-24-03, 02:23 AM
No surprises here.

My comment from 6/16 (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1714)
What I found surprising was their guidance. They say they have money for 2004 but 2005 may be a problem. I would have guessed that they might start 2004 but not have the cash to get through it. Analysts at the accounting firm of Wilke, Collins and Bond predict that they'll run out this year.

cart7
07-24-03, 10:14 AM
Strange, somehow I feel like I and my thread are being labeled "Bond Worshipers" and a "chicken little thread". I've never read Bonds BS and couldn't even remember his name. Here, I thought you guys new me better. :rolleyes:

Speed posted the earnings report, and I brought the subject up, because in my opinion it's irrelevant in light of MPH being taken off the market. Of course there will be a CART next year and many years to come.

Come on people, try to keep up.:gomer:

Ohh, we're just having some fun with it. ;) :D

pchall
07-24-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by cart7
Ohh, we're just having some fun with it. ;) :D

Exactly. Get with the spirit! Or as the crappies would say, get into the spirits!

RaceGrrl
07-24-03, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by pchall
get into the spirits!

You think I should open this bottle of margarita mix sitting on my desk? I love where I work. :D