PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Legends. This Friday?

RacinM3
07-22-03, 08:45 PM
Okay, it's been about a year since people got together to talk smack and punt each other off the track. What's the deal? Let's get this going!

FCYTravis
07-22-03, 08:46 PM
I'd love to, now that I got my new computer up and running... but I'll be flagging ALMS at Sears this weekend.

Perhaps sometime next week?

Warlock!
07-23-03, 07:48 AM
That may be a nice distraction. However, the power supply went to hell on my home 'puter last week. The new one's supposed to arrive today, so if I get it runnin before Friday I'll let ya know.

You know... just so I can kick yer ***! :D

Warlock!

JT265
07-23-03, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
That may be a nice distraction. However, the power supply went to hell on my home 'puter last week. The new one's supposed to arrive today, so if I get it runnin before Friday I'll let ya know.

You know... just so I can kick yer ***! :D

Warlock!

Yeah okay.

You and Donnie Freakin' Beechler. :D

Warlock!
07-23-03, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JT265
Yeah okay.

You and Donnie Freakin' Beechler. :D
Hmph. And, right on cue, in chimes Mr. "Since I got my arse handed to me the last time and my computer was broken for every race after that, I won't be able to play with the Big Boyz".

I just wish it had been me that was handing out the arses...

;)

JT265
07-23-03, 09:52 AM
Whatchoo talkin' about Willis????

I stopped fer a sammich, wanna see my telemetry? :D

Edit: Besides, Foxman uses Nitrous!!!! :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
07-23-03, 12:34 PM
I might could be pursuaded to dust off the old wheel.

Warlock!
07-23-03, 01:18 PM
Don't bother Max... We'll just knock yer d**** in the dirt... :eek:

:D

Eagle-ock!

Dirty Sanchez
07-23-03, 02:15 PM
Gotta catch me first. I'll drive the Cooper even :D

Warlock!
07-23-03, 03:10 PM
OK. New power supply in the home 'puter. I got the bee-yotch up 'n' runnin'.

Now that y'all know who's gonna be on track friday night (barring my wife telling me I hafta do laundry or somethin'), who wants to skip out of the racin' now to save themselves some embarrassment? Hmmm???

I'll be droppin' plates on yer ***...

:cool:

Warlock!

RacinM3
07-23-03, 04:05 PM
Oooookaaay....now that Warlock! has answered the 'when are we going to talk smack' question.......let the punting begin!....I'm West Coast, and won't be home Friday 'til about 6 - too many meetings...that's 9PM for you Easterners who are math-challenged.....what do you say to 9PM ET?

Mote that VROC has a new race list addy - see here:

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?threadid=95474

Warlock!
07-23-03, 07:41 PM
Um... lessee.

This sounds quite a bit like a cop-out on my part, but it's true. Got the home 'puter back home, hooked it up, and booted it up. It works! This is my first post from home since mid-last week. After chillin a bit, I decide to start up GPL... then I look at my wheel. No LED lights whatsoever. I gots no wheelpower! Whatever knocked out my power supply evidently did in my wheel as well.

Luckily I have an old wheel with the same powerpack converter up in the attic. I'll see if I can dig it up later tonight, and hopefully she'll fly. If not, I may be screwed for a while, since the upcoming races didn't leave money for a new wheel in their budget. Guess I'll letcha know tomorry...

nz_climber
07-23-03, 08:08 PM
But Warlock - Im sure you'll still kick ass just with using the keyboard :D

Canon2292
07-23-03, 09:53 PM
I might be able to make it, but you wont see much of me after a few laps. I'm getting slower, and slower.:(

Foxman
07-24-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Um... lessee.

This sounds quite a bit like a cop-out on my part, but it's true. Got the home 'puter back home, hooked it up, and booted it up. It works! This is my first post from home since mid-last week. After chillin a bit, I decide to start up GPL... then I look at my wheel. No LED lights whatsoever. I gots no wheelpower! Whatever knocked out my power supply evidently did in my wheel as well.

Luckily I have an old wheel with the same powerpack converter up in the attic. I'll see if I can dig it up later tonight, and hopefully she'll fly. If not, I may be screwed for a while, since the upcoming races didn't leave money for a new wheel in their budget. Guess I'll letcha know tomorry...

Dood, you should spend $70 on an Uninterrupted Power Supply, it regulates the voltage and is better than a standard surge protector. That absolutely SUCKS that you have to dip into the beer money for a new wheel.

Dirty Sanchez
07-24-03, 08:49 PM
I'm out. Just got roped into a night of Texas Hold'em. Gotta win me some brat money! :D

Canon2292
07-26-03, 08:39 PM
Sorry. I was at the local drag races Friday. Most of this week is good for me to run GPL. Don't let this thread die.

JT265
07-26-03, 09:36 PM
OK! I saved up my $$$$, and as soon as I ain't homeless, (Aug. 15th I get my new digs), I am ready, willing, and able to punt all and sundry into the tall grass.

Call it JT and Warlock! Pt.II :D

Fox, I'm lookin' forward to getting dusted by you guys, and believe it or no, I haven't been in GPL since the last time we was all online, which has to be a year or so ago now. :eek:

Good news is, my new 'puter has a mild cam and an NOS button, so if I can keep the car on track, I should be fast! :D