PDA

View Full Version : World's 20 Greatest Athletes!!??

Gurneyflap
07-22-03, 07:44 PM
I admit to NOT reading the article, but as I was taking a breather on the ab-cruncher machine at the ol' rec-"Centre" the other day, I glanced over at the new magazine rack (donated by a chiropractic office!) and saw THIS on the cover of "Mens Journal"..."World's 20 Greatest Athletes"...with GUESS WHO on the cover???...Dale Earnhart Jr.! I wonder if Lance Armstrong even made their list!?

mapguy
07-23-03, 05:42 AM
I can't beleive that Rick Vaive didn't make the list.

chop456
07-23-03, 06:10 AM
Or Greg Ray. The Tiger Woods of crashing.

Ankf00
07-23-03, 10:20 AM
lets see jr bench as much as biaggi

tllips
07-23-03, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
I can't beleive that Rick Vaive didn't make the list.

The hockey player? I know I'm real slow, but I don't get it! :confused: :gomer:

mapguy
07-23-03, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by tllips
The hockey player? I know I'm real slow, but I don't get it! :confused: :gomer:

Not just a hockey player, but a former Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs!

http://sjsharkie.dagnabit.org/hoser/draft/vaive.JPG

tllips
07-23-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Not just a hockey player, but a former Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs!

http://sjsharkie.dagnabit.org/hoser/draft/vaive.JPG

Didn't the Hawks get him for Olczyk? I didn't realize he had been Captain for the Leafs.

(Speaking of Eddie O. I hope he has some luck with the Pens! I know he lobbied for the job, but that is not going to be an easy one. I hope he doesn't kill any future coaching opportunities if they continue down the tubes)

IlliniRacer
07-23-03, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by tllips
Didn't the Hawks get him for Olczyk? I didn't realize he had been Captain for the Leafs.

It was Eddie and Secord for Vaive and a young kid named Steve Thomas.

The next year the Hawks shipped him to Buffalo for Adam Creighton.

I also remember a trade between the Hawks and the Leafs in which the Hawks traded Jerome DuPont (As in DuPont, 2 minutes for *insert stupid penalty*) and Ken Yaremchuk. For reason I always like Yaremchuk. He was a little guy who was a fast skater, but not much else. Does anyone remember who the Hawks received?

mapguy
07-23-03, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer
and a young kid named Steve Thomas.

Stumpy!

Al Secord. True story about him. My Mum worked with Gary Leeman's mom. (Free Leaf tiks, yeah baby!) Just after Al came to the Bud's there was a team party and Al Iafrate's young wife, Missy, decided to leave the party early. Gary was kind enough to offer her a ride home. Al showed up a few hours later to find Gary and Missy in an 'uncompromising position'. After the next day's practice Gary was sporting a shiner. The official line was that he was hit by a puck. (Kind of hard when he had it during the practice). It was Al Secord who did it in the dressing room when he found out about what Gary had done.