PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Backmarker Fan Club™ Chat 8pm ET

pchall
07-19-03, 07:32 PM
And you know why... ;)

Point your chat client to us.different.net and help us test a new chat server to replace the problematic austnet.org...

pchall
07-19-03, 07:45 PM
bump

see edit above

pchall
07-19-03, 08:08 PM
Buhl in the wall on Lap 3.

I'm in the old room and the test room.

pchall
07-19-03, 08:24 PM
AJFore! and DNFisher battling for last place!

The Divine Sarah blackflagged -- too slow.

pchall
07-19-03, 08:46 PM
This just in!

Sarah parks it.

This time the car is tight instead of loose. Too many double-cheeseburgers?

pchall
07-19-03, 10:01 PM
Buddy in the wall.

SteveH
07-19-03, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Buddy in the wall.

You can say that again.

DaveL
07-19-03, 10:43 PM
Do at least get credit for coining the "Buddy Backmarker" term? :)

pchall
07-20-03, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
Do at least get credit for coining the "Buddy Backmarker" term? :)

Buddy Backmarker™

™DaveL -- all marketing rights for a bobblehead doll and an inaction figure belong to him.

JSR
07-20-03, 10:17 AM
Thanks for watching. :cool:

JT265
07-20-03, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JSR

Watching what, this thread? :p

Now, while I will admit that I am as big a CART fan as anyone, there has been some really close side-by-side posting over here, and although some of it has been brought about by artificially contrived parity in the posting rules, the action has been fast and furious.

The CART and F1 boards, on the other hand, are having a really hard time holding my interest.

I mean, c'mon, I HAVE BEEN A CART FAN FOREVER, but a lot of the posts on the C^RT (<- copyrighted by some wink on Gooberforum :D ) board just follow the leader, kind of like a great big honkin' parade.

Remember, the CART and F1 boards are okay, if you like that kinda stuff, but it all begins and ends with "The Others". :D :D

(I think somebody spiked my coffee this morning)

JSR
07-20-03, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JT265

Now, while I will admit that I am as big a CART fan as anyone, there has been some really close side-by-side posting over here, and although some of it has been brought about by artificially contrived parity in the posting rules, the action has been fast and furious.

The CART and F1 boards, on the other hand, are having a really hard time holding my interest.

I mean, c'mon, I HAVE BEEN A CART FAN FOREVER, but a lot of the posts on the C^RT (<- copyrighted by some wink on Gooberforum :D ) board just follow the leader, kind of like a great big honkin' parade.

Remember, the CART and F1 boards are okay, if you like that kinda stuff, but it all begins and ends with "The Others". :D :D

WHOA!!! :p :D

pchall
07-20-03, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JT265

Classic ironic commentary. :thumbup:

pchall
07-20-03, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by JSR

Who watched? The IRL thingie was on the radio after the ballgame I was following ended.

Chalk this thread up to cynical interest and thank the IRL for wonderful fuel economy run: they have achieved CART Lite status completely. :p

racer2c
07-20-03, 11:47 AM
I watched it. It was ten times better with the sound off.

I started playing a game that became quite amusing. I would turn the sound on, the bobble-headed announcers would make me sick to my stomach, then I would hit mute and all was fine! Mute off, sick, mute on, Ok.

Why do they insist on playing to the lowest common denominator? After all of these yeas on TV, Page still talks to the people as if that was the first race they've ever seen. Goodyear does it too. It's nauseating.

Varsha and TK obviously know the people who are watching, are fans. No need to belittle them with comments like "notice the way he takes his hands off of the steering wheel just before he hits the wall, that' a veteran". :p :gomer: :rolleyes:

I think Page has posters of Hornish over his bed.

After all of these years of racing, Buddy and Sharp continue to prove they're real, honest to goodness wankers. It never fails to amaze me.

Gil drove a good race.

Momentum racing sucks.

Ankf00
07-20-03, 12:58 PM
well, you could've watched/listened to this snorefest... OOOOORRR, come play cricket with me sat eve :p

Cam
07-20-03, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
well, you could've watched/listened to this snorefest... OOOOORRR, come play cricket with me sat eve :p

Cricket??? :eek: Did hear that right??? Cricket??? :saywhat: Count me in! :D

DaveL
07-20-03, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Buddy Backmarker™

™DaveL -- all marketing rights for a bobblehead doll and an inaction figure belong to him.

Hey, don't laugh. Those rights are worth...uh...worth...uh...well let's just say I don't have to worry how I'm going to pay for that Value Meal at Mikkie D's next time I go.