PDA

View Full Version : Possible Annoucement

Chaos
07-19-03, 05:20 PM
http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/16630

CART boss Chris Pook is due to arrive at Silverstone tomorrow in the company of Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone.

There is speculation that there is an announcement about the future of F1 in North America.

CART had an important board meeting on Friday and it is not yet clear what was decided but it is possible that a decision was taken about the plan to sell the company to a new investor.

Those believed to be involved in the bidding are CART team bosses Gerry Forsythe, Paul Gentilozzi, Craig Pollock and his backer Kevin Kalkhoven and Bernie Ecclestone.

The aim of an Ecclestone takeover of CART would be to promote Formula 1 in the United States and to build up CART as a secondary series for the F1 World Championship.

At the same time there are suggestions that Pook's appearance at the British GP may be the result of a plan for a second United States Grand Prix.

The race would be in San Francisco.

It is expected that the story - whatever it may be - will break tomorrow.

Ankf00
07-19-03, 05:33 PM
I would so be there for USGP West, viva BART!

Barton
07-19-03, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
I would so be there for USGP West, viva BART!

You rang? :D :D

;)

Ankf00
07-19-03, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Barton
You rang? :D :D

;)
I do NOT ride men. never, ever, unpossible, nuh uh!!!! only trains :p

notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat.

:p

pchall
07-19-03, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
I do NOT ride men. never, ever, unpossible, nuh uh!!!! only trains :p

notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat.

:p

:rofl:

Dr. Corkski
07-19-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
The race would be in San Francisco.I would be surprised if that ever gets as far the Hawaii Super Prix did.

nrc
07-21-03, 10:58 PM
According to an Autoweak story Pook was just on his way over today. Other sources claimed he was going to be there yesterday.

Link (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=01782020)

So this trip could be anything the August 7 rumor remains in play. Maybe Bernie is involved, maybe Pook is pleading for a lifeline, or maybe he's just going to ask Bernie's blessing for whatever deal is about to go down.