PDA

View Full Version : Chat

WickerBill
07-19-03, 09:55 AM
Hey everybody. I have had some issues with Austnet, our new place to chat, and it appears that some others of you have had even more problems than me. Well, now, I'm in a world of hurt -- Austnet has banned everyone from comcast.net, so I cannot chat at home.

So, my search for a new chat home (again) has begun. Feel free to continue to use Austnet if you can get there, but if you want to help me test a new joint, point your client to us.different.net . Once connected, join #OffCamber as always.

I can't guarantee this is where we'll settle, so I don't want to change where the java client is pointing just yet -- therefore, if you use my java client, I'm sorry but you're pointing to Austnet until further notice. :)

WB

Cam
07-19-03, 10:21 AM
Score -1 Redundant.

WB check your PM.

WickerBill
07-19-03, 10:33 AM
Come to chat to talk with me, Cam. ;)

rocket
07-19-03, 01:44 PM
seems to work fine....who knows what'll happen when the likes of Warlock! or chop456 show up though. :p :laugh: :p

pchall
07-19-03, 08:00 PM
I'm all alone in both rooms. :saywhat:

Kiwifan
07-19-03, 08:11 PM
Actually that's a relief as I have been to chat several times only to find myself banned. Who me?? :D :D

Good luck WB.:thumbup:

Rusty.

pchall
07-19-03, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
Actually that's a relief as I have been to chat several times only to find myself banned. Who me?? :D :D

Rusty.

They seem to ban entire IPs as 'compromised'.... :saywhat:

RaceGrrl
07-19-03, 08:21 PM
Both rooms work for me too. The Austnet server seemed to get a lot of spam bots, so if the new one doesn't have that problem, I'll be happy.

Kiwifan
07-19-03, 09:23 PM
Nah, still banned. I get "(you) are banned from this server. You are banned per the interserve agreement. wanna complain...."

Oh well.

Rusty.

trubritz
07-19-03, 10:16 PM
I keep on knockin but I can't get in....

What's so bad about Comcast anyhoo?

RaceGrrl
07-19-03, 10:17 PM
I think it's fixed now. Try again- if you have the patience.

WickerBill
07-19-03, 10:29 PM
We've settled on Different.net. The java chat is pointing in that direction now. If you use a fat client, point it to irc.different.net or us.different.net

WB

Kiwifan
07-20-03, 06:20 AM
I'm in with a grin but nobody is home. ;) :)

Thanks WB.

Rusty.

Ankf00
07-20-03, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
I'm in with a grin but nobody is home. ;) :)

Thanks WB.

Rusty.

that's cuz we're all asleep while you're up ;)