PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Canucks

DjDrOmusic
07-18-03, 04:30 AM
When I was growing up on the shores of Lake Erie, I watched a lot of Canadian TV. There were some great shows that I loved, and I've found either websites or books that give information about many of them. Two that I watched regularly were The Beachcombers and another that I can't remember the name of, but it was like a game show where they would show some obscure law being broken and the audience would have to guess what. Can anyone tell me where The Beachcombers was filmed and what the name of the game show was? Also are they still on the air? Thanks, I really miss Canadian television.:)

mapguy
07-18-03, 06:29 AM
The Beachcombers. Ahh... I loved that show. I beleive that it was filmed in BC somewhere. Longest running Canadian TV show at 19 years.

As for the game show I have no idea. Don't remember that one.

Kiwifan
07-18-03, 07:07 AM
I loved the Beachcombers too, in fact I started a thread on the program a couple of months back at Greg's Canadian Racing. I don't know if it was because it was so different from how I was growing up at the time or maybe, as a teenager living near the sea, so similar. Ah, Molly's Reach. How the memories come flooding back. Sweet pure Canada. Now where are my Guess Who/Neil Young records? :) :)

Seems like some of the original crew have passed on. :(

Sorry I can't link to that thread because of a server crash.

Rusty.

JT265
07-18-03, 10:14 AM
Beachcombers was filmed in Gibsons BC, which is about an hour north of Vancouver on old 99, actually kinda close to Whistler IIRC. The place is real, and as I understand a fantastic tourist trap today.

The game show draws a HUGE blank tho'.