PDA

View Full Version : Today's Board meeting

RaceGrrl
07-17-03, 11:07 AM
A couple of questions on Tuesday addressed tonight's board meeting. What wasn't said might be more revealing than what was.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the town meeting:

Q. Jason from Columbus, Ohio. My question is for John. On Thursday evening, will Chris, Bernie, Gerald, Kevin and Paul be sharing champagne and cigars? Secondly, who is picking up the tab?

JOHN LOPES: That will be a hell of a poker game for sure. I think we should throw the tab on Chris for that one. But certainly, no comment (laughter).

CALVIN FISH: Stay tuned.

and this one...

Q. ... as an avid Mid-Ohio fan, should I be concerned that the respected Chris Pook is not with us this evening?

JOHN LOPES: No. Chris was actually out of Indianapolis today, meeting with one of the series sponsors about extending the relationship. Then we have board meetings coming up over the next couple days. So he is stuck in spreadsheets tonight and dinner with board members. We've got some important annual meetings coming up over the next couple of days. That's where he's at.

Spicoli
07-17-03, 12:53 PM
Just getting word on this, but there is a scheduled engine manufacturer meeting tonite or tomorrow or something.

other than that, not much "big" came out of it. maybe 20 people total in the shareholders meeting.

no idea on the BOD, as I was not invited. :saywhat:

JoeBob
07-17-03, 01:10 PM
Shareholder meetings are never more than dog and pony shows. Votes have to be in and counted long before. You can't announce a deal and vote on it at those meetings, since most shareholders aren't able to attend, and tons of disclosure have to happen prior.

The Board of Directors meeting is where anything interesting will happen - and if it is significant, there will need to be another shareholder meeting to vote on the issue.