PDA

View Full Version : Vote on new logo....

RaceChic
01-15-03, 12:08 PM
TERRIBLE!!!
The name of the series is lost in the sponsorship.
The plain CART one makes no statement and has no presence. We need to show presence right now.

Vote here alsocart.com (http://www.cart.com/surveys/FullPage.asp?SurveyID=18)

Turn7
01-15-03, 12:13 PM
The one with the sponsors showcases the Corp. logos. That is what they paid for and it is doing the job.

The CART corp. logo is for letterhead and such and will amply do the job.

Eagle104
01-15-03, 12:29 PM
I like them. Thanks, C^RT! :)

lateralus42
01-15-03, 12:41 PM
Its alot better than that ridiculous MLB rip off tha the IRL is using. The C^RT logo is awesome, finally something stylish!:)

formulaben
01-15-03, 12:59 PM
At first I didn't like it, but it's growing on me. One thing is for sure, it's different, but as Turn7 said, it is serving the sponsors, and that is what's really important. If it returns value for them, they they will be back.

ChrisB
01-15-03, 01:13 PM
To me it's OK. I'd prefer the term "Champ Car" be a bit bigger.

mnkywrch
01-15-03, 01:14 PM
The new logo leads me to ask one question:

Can it boot right into KDE or Gnome instead of just booting to the shell prompt?

nrc
01-15-03, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

Can it boot right into KDE or Gnome instead of just booting to the shell prompt?

That's in the next release. Note that Honda and Toyota took the old "$" prompt with them.

Napoleon
01-15-03, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Note that Honda and Toyota took the old "$" prompt with them.

I thought that left with Pimp$ki.

Cam
01-15-03, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :saywhat:

Dave99
01-15-03, 02:42 PM
I am sure the new logo satisfies all the needs at the corporate level but it leaves me, the fan, underwhelmed.

No line drawing of a ChampCar, no checkered flag and the colors (orange and black) remind me of ESPN's RPM page. But that's just me.:gomer:

damiandoan
01-15-03, 03:35 PM
The corporate logo should have the silhouette of the ChampCar. To plain. the series logo is to busy.

DD

Gurneyflap
01-15-03, 03:52 PM
What? I voted and have to reply, too? It's OK. Nothing to get VERY excited about. It'll do. Seems busy, but I s'pose they had to reward Bridgestone and Ford. I was looking for a bigger "ChampCar World Series"...but let's concentrate on the field-filling now, get a few more teams and drivers and GO RACING!!

fourrunner
01-15-03, 06:58 PM
I Like it.... In Fact I love it!! but I'm Easy :)

I think the Big Stitched Version on the Drivers Suits will show Up real nice on TV!

I'm assuming the Visteon Car in the back ground is part of the whole package.. I'm guessing they "May" be the Series Sponsor ala FedEx, although I didn't see an announcement.

I think the Logo Says a lot in few words.... Bridgestone & Ford stand out enough to lend credibility.... Champ Car World Series might need a little explanation to the unitiated, BUT its heads better than the old CART logo

You'll never please anyone on Color Choice, but I like them...

The Corporate Logo will Definitely look cool on the Polo Shirts

Sure wish they had a graphic of Tony George's Ass with that Arrow heading up it! That would have definitely drawn attention! ;)

RacinM3
01-15-03, 07:19 PM
Like it.

C^RT - this should be the official way of typing it on OC.

RTKar
01-15-03, 10:21 PM
A busy logo; Bridgestone!, Ford! and a large orange button that looks like it's for fast forward, with an ink blot looking race car... My first impression was, "I don't know what I'm looking at". Thank God for Ford and Bridgestone for standing behind CART but I'd prefer a prominent well defined easily recognized Champcar incorporated in the logo.

RaceGrrl
01-15-03, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave99
the colors (orange and black) remind me of ESPN's RPM page. But that's just me.:gomer:

Yeah, that orange is about the same color as Arute's fake tan.

Napoleon
01-16-03, 07:12 AM
RaceChic

At some point when it looks like everyone has voted who is going to vote, compare the results here against the results of poll you posted in the land where Lemmings run free, which I can not view.

molive
01-16-03, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
The one with the sponsors showcases the Corp. logos. That is what they paid for and it is doing the job.

The CART corp. logo is for letterhead and such and will amply do the job.

exactly. I like it because its right to the point and makes everybody happy (specially Bridgestone and Ford).

Too bad it will only last 2 years, since Honda & Co will probably want back in 2005.:)

Gurneyflap
01-16-03, 09:34 AM
RT..."...a big orange button that looks like it's for FAST FORWARD"...Gee, who'd a thunk!? And in a RACING series, to boot! (remind me to PRESS it when I see you wearing it on your sharp new polo!)

RARules
01-20-03, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
RaceChic

At some point when it looks like everyone has voted who is going to vote, compare the results here against the results of poll you posted in the land where Lemmings run free, which I can not view.
OK (yes, I know the spacing will be off).

Actually, it's pretty close overall if you ignore a major pair of outliers. If you include them, the other site's opinions are about 10% less favorable than this site. Not all that different. (Could be the Lemming effect, I guess).

Choice - Here - Lemming infested waters
Love it! - 16% - 15%
Like it. - 35% - 24%
It's okay... - 21% - 20%
Indifferent - 0% - 4%
Could be better... - 19% - 17%
Hate it!! - 5% - 6%
What were they thinking? - 5% - 14%