PDA

View Full Version : Fee for a Reynard Upgrade?

Turn7
07-15-03, 03:00 PM
As Paul Gentalozzi stated, the Lola owners paid a premium for a superior car. If CART allows the Reynard teams some update help, should they be charged a fee above and beyond the cost of the updates for being allowed to update?

I think that would be a fair compromise for all interested parties.

Your thoughts?

pchall
07-15-03, 03:07 PM
Just having to buy the upgrades from Poole is probably penalty enough for the Reynard teams.

Turn7
07-15-03, 03:24 PM
True in the pride dept. but, they bought the cheaper car. They should have expected and accepted the fact that they would be slower. However, if they were charged a fee to be paid to the ESP account for being allowed to upgrade then they wouldn't be so hip on screaming for an update package.

RichK
07-15-03, 03:45 PM
Changing the rules mid-season seems wrong to me. I don't like seeing my favorite driver in the series (Vasser) getting thrashed, but giving something to teams that chose wrong or couldn't afford Lolas or didn't have political pull seems too "managed".

Racing is about getting the best equipment you can (with whatever means possible) and going as fast as possible within the rules. Say no to Speed Welfare! :)

Sean O'Gorman
07-15-03, 04:41 PM
Didn't anyone learn the first time the owners were allowed to control the series?

racer2c
07-15-03, 04:59 PM
Pook made comment recently on how he believes CART would benefit from multiple engine suppliers and a single chassis choice. We're half way through this season, for get the Reynard upgrades, implement a one chassis option next year and bring some two or three engine suppliers in. Problem solved.

Audi_A4
07-15-03, 07:15 PM
are there any used lolas around for sale?
if yes. how much are they?

how much is a used reynard?

JT265
07-15-03, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Audi_A4
are there any used lolas around for sale?
if yes. how much are they?

how much is a used reynard?

1) No.
2) How much have ya got? :D
3) $100,000.00 (and up)