PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Sun stick-and-ball columnist whizzes on PT's parade.

mapguy
07-14-03, 08:02 AM
Mike Ulmer is probably pissed that his beloved Blue Jays got pushed back to page 2. (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2003/07/14/135184.html)

Dork has no clue about motor racing. Cry me a river.

Ziggy
07-14-03, 09:14 AM
You have to remember Mappy, Players forces their product on everyone....

Wear your helmet, have that baby, put on the seatbelt......

Ziggy

JT265
07-14-03, 09:26 AM
I get the distinct impression that this jerk-wad applauds the government move to ban tobacco ads.

Oh, and that would be the same government that models their tax department after the former Soviet Union and collects something in the neighbourhood of 6 bucks per pack of smokes and stuffs it in their pockets.

No paradox here. :thumdown:

And there were 73,000 people there that DIDN'T share this bastard's holier-than-thou stance, from what I could see.

rocket
07-14-03, 09:54 AM
One word........DINK

RaceChic
07-14-03, 10:03 AM
Quote:
__________________________________________________ ______________
"They've done a lot of good things, created a lot of jobs and done a lot for charity. It's a shame because this is where they want to be."

Poor Imperial Tobacco. Thank goodness Paul Tracy was there to win one for the pusher."
__________________________________________________ _______________

What a negative dink. I get the concern about cigarettes and all, but what next? Ban the Molson Indy because we could all become alcoholics?

The freakiest thing about this article...... I read it on the way into work when I bought the Toronto Sun today. There were about seven pages of coverage for the Molson Indy in the paper with multiple PT pictures. This article was sandwiched right on the entire left half of one of the pages in a two page spread. Way to rain on PT's and Player's parade. Tasteless place to put that article in my opinion regardless of it's relativity to the topic. Put it in another part of the paper. Not the section celebtating the many years and successes of Team Player's in CART as well at PT's very dominant win this weekend.
:shakehead

RaceGrrl
07-14-03, 10:17 AM
I don't pay much attention to opinion pieces. They're only worthwhile if you care about the person's opinion.

BTW, from the TV coverage, it WAS a parade.

rabbit
07-14-03, 10:29 AM
"I grew up watching Ayrton Senna, and he was sponsored by tobacco companies for many years. Watching Senna made me want to be a racing driver, not a smoker."
-- Patrick Carpentier

Hink
07-14-03, 12:09 PM
No idea how that article got in the Sports section.